Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection? Empty
PostSubject: Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?   Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection? Icon_minitime26/3/2007, 9:19 am

Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?   Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection? Icon_minitime26/3/2007, 10:42 am

I think there is definately a connection (IMO) thats why i chose the name i did for our forum, there are many 'different shades' all in the same family Wink
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?   Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection? Icon_minitime26/3/2007, 10:49 am

I quite agree!! The wig wearer comes to mind (especially the mum). xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?   Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection? Icon_minitime26/3/2007, 11:01 am

Yes i couldnt agree more Grandma, all the signs are there! and when the wig wearer was Ts age he showed same behaviours he informed me.

With T its in both sides of the family so he didnt stand a chance and no wonder T has the problems he has. In this day & age its more recognised (no way near enough) but more knowledge has been gained.
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?   Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection? Icon_minitime26/3/2007, 12:23 pm

This information scares me as I recently had a coversation with my Dr about if/when I have children would I pass this onto them, she said my children would have a raised chance of developing mental problems/illness. I tried so hard to keep my very sad emotions to myself as no mother wants to think they can be the cause of suffering to there child. As both my Nan and mother had/have depression this was probably the cause of my bi-polar, which to be very frank and honest brought out a bit of anger that my mother has caused this. ( I love my mum so this made me feel worse for feeling like this).
It makes me feel as if I should't have children at all as I would'nt wish this or any other disabilty on any one, even those I dislike. Crying
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?   Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection? Icon_minitime26/3/2007, 1:03 pm

Bless ya cos I know that when you are well you have a lovely understanding of children because of your own experiences growing up. At least you have the information to then make an informative decision. xx
Back to top Go down
Donna K

Donna K

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?   Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection? Icon_minitime25/6/2007, 1:11 pm

A's biological dad has bipolar and borderline personality disorder, I mentioned this to the paeds etc and I think notes were made, but didn;t show concern, I have been convinced that these conditions are linked and partly the reason A is A Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?   Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autism and Bipolar Disorder - Connection?
Page 1 of 1