Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Travel Insurance for special needs children

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Travel Insurance for special needs children Empty
PostSubject: Travel Insurance for special needs children   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime30/4/2007, 9:27 am

Hi guys

As u know we are planning to go to Disney Land :yahoo:well the list of conditions the lady in travel agent showed me didnt have Autism listed, she said if it wasnt listed i need to ring up and sort it and it may cost more to have him covered as he is on medication also.

If anyone can give me any advice on this it would be much appreciated thanks!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Travel Insurance for special needs children   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime30/4/2007, 9:38 am

DONT GO WITH THE TRAVEL AGENTS INSURANCE, they tend to be more expensive and offer less cover. Look at the post office my sister used them when we went to America Kids go free, and as a single mother this was great for her. you will probably have to pay more for T, and yes ring up even though it dosent list autism if you don't this will make your insurance invalid. I choose not to cover my bipolar as it was an extra £133.
You can also try the National Autistic website they might have insurers listed on there, I know my website does for bi polar.
P.S my advice does not come for free it will cost you a trip to Disney Land Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Travel Insurance for special needs children   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime30/4/2007, 10:19 am

Thanx hun i appreciate all that info Smile i didnt know i was gonna be charged!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Travel Insurance for special needs children   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime30/4/2007, 1:01 pm

I got the brochure of the post office travel insurance today and that looks really reasonable kebab your right! thumbup will check out the NAS website this eve when i get the chance!
Back to top Go down
Kellie B.

Kellie B.

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Don't know about travel insurance, but you can get a pass...   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 11:33 am

at Disneyworld so he doesn't have to wait in line. With this pass, he and his accompanying parent can go to the front of any line. We took our son when he was six (he is now eighteen) and he really enjoyed it a lot. (I just registered yesterday)
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Travel Insurance for special needs children   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 11:47 am

How do i get the pass Kellie? and welcome aboard Autism Umbrella and nice to see u have posted Smile

I think some of ur text is missing, i have spoke with the travel agent and we are being sorted for all what is needed to keep T comfortable. The excitement is bursting out of me! yahoo
Back to top Go down
Kellie B.

Kellie B.

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: To get the pass, you need to go to The Welcome Center   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 12:19 pm

or maybe it's called The Visitors Center. The hotel that you are staying at can give you the details. Or when you purchase your tickets, ask them about it. We took our trip in 1994, but I am sure they still have this service. Oh, forgot something important-----bring letter signed by his doctor that it is difficult for him to wait in line because of his condition. You shouldn't have any problems getting the pass with a doctor's note.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Travel Insurance for special needs children   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 12:25 pm

Yep the travel agent said that and i will be taking the letter into her at some point this month, thanx Smile
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Travel Insurance for special needs children   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 1:29 pm

Hi Bambi, if you take proof of diagnosis and take it to guest services in the park they issue a pass to use the exits on the rides, normally for the whole party so long as its no more than 4 I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travel Insurance for special needs children   Travel Insurance for special needs children Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travel Insurance for special needs children
Page 1 of 1