Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SW came today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

SW came today Empty
PostSubject: SW came today   SW came today Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 6:54 am

We had another appointment with the SW today and boy did T show her what he is all about, he was inappropriately touching me ( i told her this is really getting me down) and using bad language, also launching things and finding it hard to stay still (he paces and goes round in circles).

We discussed more to do with the core assessment information she has to collect and she said she was well in the picture now of how things have been for me in this area, regarding the schools T has attended and that have failed (my words) him.

So she seemed a bit better knowing more of the facts and again the report from Nottingham they are very keen to see, so they can move on even more regarding Ts needs.

She informed me that respite is going to happen but it will take time and im not to think they are not getting on with it because they are! well i never! i didnt even have to mention the word! thumbup

We then discussed Ts sessional worker and that it was not a long term thing (which i knew) but it was ideal for him to have her working with him now until things are much better for us. She then went on to explain about a home start worker who work with kids under the age of 10, home start is the next thing on from sure start. So she felt this would be the way forward for T and me and we would definately benefit from this sort of input.

So quite a good meeting and she was pleased to say that she thinks things are getting better for us now, i told her yes they are and i finally (after 2 yrs) feel like im crawling up the ladder now instead of being stand still and wall bash regarding the serious help my son needs.

I think she knows that T and me need this help and thats why she seems to be on the ball about it.

She then went on to talk about school, when and if we find a school that can meet his needs, she said that they will help with the transport to and from the school and offer any help possible, double shock! She explained that her and her manager are trying to sort things all round and help us as much as possible.

Well i can say that things are better than they were a month ago, thats for sure! Smile
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

SW came today Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW came today   SW came today Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 7:39 am

Thats absolutely brilliant news Bambi thumbup excellent news about the respite aswell they seem to be on the ball, you know how long it took for dds respite to get up and running but your SW seems on top of things so Im sure it wont take as long as that group wave things are definately looking up I love you
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

SW came today Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW came today   SW came today Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 2:54 pm

hooray
Well, it's about time the Good News fairy waved her wand in your direction!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

SW came today Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW came today   SW came today Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 8:08 am

Thanx guys Very Happy

Its strange being helped now as oppose to being ignored! and its about bloody time someone took some notice of Ts needs and also mine.

Last edited by on 3/5/2007, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

SW came today Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW came today   SW came today Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 8:12 am

I hope that the education side of things is sorted soon too!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

SW came today Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW came today   SW came today Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 8:57 am

Well thats another different battle again! Mad but it is all in hand and T simply will not be entering a school that cant meet his full individual needs.

SW did say yestaday much to my suprise, that its not going to be easy for T to transition into school and it has to be done carefully, how very true!
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

SW came today Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW came today   SW came today Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 5:34 pm

Thank God! At long last the people who can help you are listening!! Woohoo!! xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SW came today Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW came today   SW came today Icon_minitime