Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do u ever....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Do u ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Do u ever....   Do u ever.... Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 11:07 am

get fed up with the meetings we have to continuously attend? wow it does my head in sometimes huh

Cant wait for them to calm down a tad, its so hectic these days and i am feeling really tired with it all, my head hurts. Going to see my GP on Friday morn and im gonna tell him how im feeling.

Like this week everyday something has gone on and some weeks i have to travel to my next town due to Ts Paed being based there. Im trying at the mo to get his Risperidone med in my town rather than have to travel to the next town.

Its gonna run out by friday (not a long life on Risperidone med) so i need to get it by 2moro, Paed has rung to speak to GP himself to see if he can do it for me, to save me the journey (not many GPs prescribe this med) to his surgery. GP wasnt there but he left a message and all the details and he rung me this eve (paed) to let me know he had done this. Paed said failing that he has done T a prescription and its in his drawer, bless him.

Hope GP will do it and save me the hassle, i have to go shopping 2moro (i didnt do it Tues due to excitement of hol) we are nearly out of things and i dont like to run low. So could really do without having to treck to get Ts med aswel! oh the joys eh! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Do u ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do u ever....   Do u ever.... Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 1:33 pm

I dont really have this problem as appointments for dd have always seemed so few and far between I think we are the invisable family. Apart from the appointments we had before dd was diagnosed, its a while ago now but that was around 4 in total, we had a block of spech thearpy appointments we had about 6-8 in total over the course of 6 months then we where signed off as dd was in reception (even tho she couldnt talk) and would get her appointments in school, not much help to parents) we got irregular appointments with the climnical phsyc about 4 I think untill she was signed off when she turned 5 (magical things must happen to our kids when they start school in our area). We got an appointent to see the paed once evry six months till she turned 6 then we got nothing for about 2 years, I got onto them about this and got an appointment she had 2 over the last year but now we have been told it will be once a year. As for the SW what a joke weve had 3 different ones and seen them a total of 4 times over 3 years (last one left Oct time due to cutbacks we where supposed to be allocated a new one in Nov but we are still waiting, last time I spoke to SS they said to me we hadnt had a good service from them had we? Mad not kidding but at least we got the respite) and we have never seen an OT even though Ive been requesting one for nearly 2 years hmm Mad However she does now have a wonderfull speech therapist who works with the staff at school about once every half term but this is only because she is in an autistic specific class and she comes in to work with the whole class. Im lucky to have got the respite Ive got, its every 8 weeks or so for a few nights tho it took a long while to actually get it, its the only break I get apart from when she is in school so Im gratefull for it.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Do u ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do u ever....   Do u ever.... Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 4:28 am

Wow u really have had very little input then misty & u DEFINATELY need and OT for dd Sad i would push for that and dont stop! they will try to get away with it and of course its all down to funding & manpower, sorry but thats not our problem! our kids need this input.

Our GP has done me the prescription for Ts Risperidone & its ready to collect yahoo so i can get it today while T is out with the sessional worker and while i have a very big shop to do, its great being able to do these things without him.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

Do u ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do u ever....   Do u ever.... Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 8:14 am

thumbup hope you alos have a litle time to relax xxx
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

Do u ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do u ever....   Do u ever.... Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 5:38 pm

I get fed up of going to work every day! Does that count as appointments lol!
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Do u ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do u ever....   Do u ever.... Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 7:44 am

I find the school run can be a bit taxing.... Laughing
Surely that counts?
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

Do u ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do u ever....   Do u ever.... Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 1:55 pm

mum2charlotte wrote:
I find the school run can be a bit taxing.... Laughing
Surely that counts?

Definately!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do u ever.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do u ever....   Do u ever.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do u ever....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: General discussions-
Jump to: