Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Dad is in hospital :-(

Go down 
+3
marshmallow
GrandmaKyak
Bambi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

My Dad is in hospital :-( Empty
PostSubject: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 6:58 pm

My bro has not long called me and my dad is in hospital, he has had a stroke it looks like Crying my bro walked in to find him slouched in his chair Sad he wasnt responding and my bro thought he was gone Crying my poor daddy Sad he really isnt a well man in mind & body, bless him.

I need to call my sis in the morn, we were going there for the day 2moro aswel it was meant to be a nice family gathering Sad

He cant move his left side and has come round now, ambulance men brought him round at the house then rushed him in.

Im feeling kinda sick right now, when i saw my bro calling me at these hours i knew something was wrong, i feel so helpless and its gonna be hard to explain to T whats happened. I cant get away with saying nothing as we are meant to be going Grandads 2moro Sad need to tell my sis and see if her daughter will have T while i go to see him in hospital, my bro can come in his work van for me (only 2 seats) he is in the next town to me.

Let u know more when i can.
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 7:12 pm

Thinking of you. xx
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime5/5/2007, 1:29 am

hug Thinking of you, and your family.
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime5/5/2007, 2:33 am

thinking of you hugging
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime5/5/2007, 3:41 am

Awww thanx guys I love you

Well the hospital have concluded my dad went into a state of psychosis and i have just been to google it, VERY interesting! I told u i know T has what my dad has and more, i dont need to confirm anything now with any professional. Dad may not be diagnosed but i sure do know he has mental health problems and i knew this when i was 14 yrs old.

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/simplepsych/psychosis.html

the causes i know my dad fits into that catagory and i know my T has got a lot of his probs from my dad (genetic link) my dad has been on ADs for yrs now and he has MANY ASD behaviours, along with not speaking until he was 8 yrs old.

Its a great shame when WE have to educate professionals and make serious conclusions of our loved ones with disorders/difficulties and VERY frustrating when no-one listens to what we are saying Sad T resembled my dad as young as 1.5 yrs and i knew then in my heart of hearts i was going to have serious problems with T, i knew there was something amiss.

My sis is coming and we are going to pick dad up from hosp when we get my bro and he can come home, after 1.30pm. My bro is my dads carer and i told the psychiatrist this yestaday, he has poor self hygiene (my bro has to tell him to wash & change his clothes) and his eating is terrible (he wont eat unless my bro cooks for him) he will cook chicken and rice but thats it once a week and not bother for a whole week maybe more, just eat junk (no fruit & veg). My bro has been cooking him some fantastic meals since moving back in with him and really & truly my dad cant live alone.

His house was falling down around him and he didnt seem to care or notice, so my bro has revamped it all the floor boards we rotten and full of wood worm. My dad doesnt have a clue what is acceptable and what isnt and he doesnt care, he never has (my dad has classic ASD symptoms IMO).

Thanks for all ur well wishes and thanx for being there for me, i would be lost without u guys im my life and i know i can tell u things without u judging me or mine I love you
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime5/5/2007, 3:54 am

hug Glad he can come home and yes, from what you say, it does sound like alot of ASD symptoms.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime5/5/2007, 12:29 pm

Thanx marshmallow :)

Ok guys we (my family & I) have come to our own conclusion of what really happened to my dad, i need to speak to the doc that saw him today as dad isnt good at communicating or telling u anything about what has been said.

My dad had a seizure IMO and Gabapentin the drug he is taking (one of 6 different medications he is on daily!) is used for treatment of bi-polar disorder! What did i say to u kebab about i reckon T having bi-polar? I know my child and i know my dad also and what i will do now is get to the bottom of whats going on!

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/gabpent.htm

I have my bro doing me a complete list of dads medications and dosage, so i can surf the net and uncover why the hell they are giving my dad such medication if he has no mental health problem, along with why the hell is he taking so much each & every day! what side effects are these meds doing?!

I am fuming because it seems my dad is on meds for treating, anxiety, manic depression, bi-polar, seizures and many more things yet he is left with no bloody help, apart from pumping himself with drugs he has no clue about! (dad has little understanding and doesnt comprehend a lot of what is wrong with him).

So i am now going to speak with the hospital on monday & ask the doc to run through what tests they actually did on my dad, which i know now is nothing! My bro asked for an explanation as to why his left side was paralised and she couldnt answer him (this is the nurse on the ward the doc was long gone).

I refuse to let my dad attend anymore appointments without my bro or me there (he needs someone with him so he stops being given drugs like sweets!) and when my dad has attended hospital appointments they have used drugs (oral & injections) on him that are new (he is a guinea pig basically) and this has to stop now!
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime5/5/2007, 12:36 pm

Hope you get the bottom of things soon,and I know this is easier said than done, but between looking after your Dad and T, remember to look after yourself too!
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime5/5/2007, 1:35 pm

You could have a case for abuse there Bambi...Your on-board law student is seriously concerned over your allegation that they are using an ill man to try drugs out on.....

Am thinking of you, I know how it works when a parent gets sick!

My few words of advice though are: DON'T forget about YOU. I am pa's and C's sole carer and I'm exhausted. I have no time for anything other than sleep.

I hope that you get your pa sorted out quickly. Big hugs to you and your family. hug
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime5/5/2007, 2:06 pm

Thanx guys :)

Well what i have now realised is that my dad is being pumped with god knows what drugs, with god knows what side effects and for god knows what condition/disorder! This will stop because they are using an old man they feel not to investigate in depth to find the REAL problem they need to be helping him with :(

I wont be my dads sole carer, my bro does soooooooooo much for him and he is doing all he can do but my dads probs upset him and he finds it hard to be around my dad, yet my bro still carries on and he wont stop knowing dad needs his help (even though he doesnt know or appreciate it.

I will do the talking to professionals about dad and we want questions answered , he may be an old man who they dont want to bother with or give a toss about but we Do give a toss and it cant go on like this anymore.

I have known that my dad has serious mental health problems since i started researching ASDs, not only was i reading about my son but also my dad. I havent paid it no mind like i have Ts probs and thats been due to the fact of dealing with Ts needs and myself. I do though refuse to sit here any longer and do nothing, i can only but try (even tho OAPs dont get the care they need within the system).

My dad told us today that he knew that my bro was trying to make him wake up/come round last night, but he couldnt do or say anything, sounds very much like a complex seizure to me.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime7/5/2007, 11:04 am

Sorry Bambi Ive only just read this, sending hugging please let me know what happens xxx take care.
Back to top Go down
funkymamu

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime8/5/2007, 5:28 am

Me too. I've had alot on my plate with S and my other half. S had a fairly good week at school but it was a major disaster zone at home.

I hope you take care of yourself xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime8/5/2007, 6:25 am

Thanx guys I love you

Well i am waiting for a call back from doc at hospital, i spoke with his secretary a few mins ago explaining how dad is not very good at communicating what is wrong with him and we need to know what the doc thinks.

He will need to see his GP in the next week and i will be going with him if my bro cant go.

No worries im looking after myself and we have had a nice weekend, had dad over for dinner on sunday (first time he has ventured over to mine so that was a result!). I think it has made him think and ive told him he needs to get out more, we (all his kids) have told him we worry about him and all we want is the best for him.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime8/5/2007, 7:49 am

hugging thinking of you, hope the doc gets back to you soon I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dad is in hospital :-(   My Dad is in hospital :-( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Dad is in hospital :-(
Page 1 of 1