Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awake at 3.30am!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Awake at 3.30am! Empty
PostSubject: Awake at 3.30am!   Awake at 3.30am! Icon_minitime15/5/2007, 5:27 am

Well i sure know the summer months are approaching with T getting up at 3.30am to start the day! He was asleep by 10pm but i could really do with him sleeping later than 3.30am.

I think it may be due to him on one dose daily of his med instead of two, awaiting call back from Paed to discuss going back to how it was (i dont believe the meds are making his throat hurt).

He gets so agitated and angry that i can see why he says his throat hurts (he has veins sticking out on his neck during meltdown also), thinking about it he says the same when his skin appears all rashy and very red (saying his skin is itching) and he would be losing it about his skin during the meltdown, screaming that he is hot.

We will get there and i am learning each and every day!
Back to top Go down
funkymamu

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Awake at 3.30am! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awake at 3.30am!   Awake at 3.30am! Icon_minitime15/5/2007, 6:06 am

S woke up about 1am this morning screaming 'Help!' at the top of his voice. I went in and he was soaking with sweat. He couldn't remember what the nightmare was about (Probably a good thing), but was really unsettled after that. I gave him a glass of milk but he was moving around alot inhis sleep. When i spoke to him this morning he appeared alright but had very little memory of it or me and his sister coming in.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Awake at 3.30am! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awake at 3.30am!   Awake at 3.30am! Icon_minitime15/5/2007, 9:57 am

Bless him I love you
Back to top Go down
funkymamu

Awake at 3.30am! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awake at 3.30am!   Awake at 3.30am! Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 1:53 am

He said last night that his 'bad dream' was about the Slovenes from Doctor Who. I don't know if that is true or he made it up but on the way home this morning from dropping his sister off at school he fell asleep in the car. I had to pick up my friends 2 kids as she is going to pick up S from school for the next 3 days as we still haven't got any money and i can't afford to send my daughter home on the bus. My partner has been on JSA until 6 weeks ago when because of all these problems they decided to change it to Incapacity benefit and guess what they bodged it up and we have been living off £70 tax credits a week to feed a family of 4, buy electric, gas and fuel etc. As of this week we have had £5 to spend on food Sad
S wasn't too happy going into school, i think it was because he fell asleep as if he is woken the wrong way he can get tetchy doh
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Awake at 3.30am! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awake at 3.30am!   Awake at 3.30am! Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 4:40 am

Funkymamu sorry to be nosey but do u not get DLA for S? Im sorry things are not so good financially and i can relate to that as i have struggled for yrs!

Now with DLA it will make life easier and we all deserve it for what we do on a daily basis.

Bless S, our kids do make me laugh Very Happy T had a dream last night about Tracey Beaker! he sometimes role plays Tracey and now he is dreaming about her! Laughing
Back to top Go down
funkymamu

Awake at 3.30am! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awake at 3.30am!   Awake at 3.30am! Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 9:00 am

Until his condition is fully recognised we can't do anything.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Awake at 3.30am! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awake at 3.30am!   Awake at 3.30am! Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 1:54 pm

You dont need a diagnosis of any condition to get DLA hun, i would of had it yrs ago if i had known but i didnt know until just before xmas last year.

All depends on the needs of the child regardless of their diagnosis, its all based on care & mobility on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Awake at 3.30am! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awake at 3.30am!   Awake at 3.30am! Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 2:00 pm

Absolutely right as usual Bambi!

All you have to do is describe your bad days (my FSW told me to do this as there is no point describing a good day!!) and they will assess you from there...

It's a cow of a form to fill in, but the extra money means that Charlotte and I can travel to places like Kent or The New Forest without worrying about how we are going to eat for the next week....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Awake at 3.30am! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awake at 3.30am!   Awake at 3.30am! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awake at 3.30am!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: General discussions-
Jump to: