Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trying to teach T French

Go down 
+2
misty
Bambi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Trying to teach T French Empty
PostSubject: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime15/5/2007, 2:08 pm

OK guys and i say trying because i really am! Im no teacher (but i do have a certificate in supporting childrens education) and T is a lover of foreign languages and countries. So i thought why not help him advance in an area he shows real great interest.

While T went to the swimming baths with C today i went off into town, i went to our usual book shop and bought him a book with the audio cd so he can also learn how to pronounce the language.

Well he was well chuffed when he saw what i got him (he didnt know i was getting it) and he set to it pronto! Very Happy and we have been talking French all evening! He had the audio playing in his room while he was in the bath, i have to say i think he really does like it.

So now im feeling kinda lost myself because i must really brush up on it to be able to teach T, i bet he will be teaching me anyway! Laughing
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 1:28 am

thumbup brilliant sounds like he is picking it up really well, have fun.
Back to top Go down
funkymamu

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 2:00 am

S has been learning French at school, his teacher has said that he isn't doing very well because they can't record what he has learn't as he walks out, but he does enjoy watching the t.v and listening to cds they have. I know he is picking something up as he walks around the house speaking the language.

I think it was a brilliant idea to connect it to something that T really enjoys and it will always be something he can use.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 4:50 am

T fell asleep with the book last night so i put it aside for today, what did he bring down with him when he woke up this morn? Yep his French book, its like his buddy! :D

I think it is a plus if our kids learn another language and it can help while visiting different countries, which a lot of us do in general by going on holidays abroad.
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 9:08 am

My neice was learning spanish at her school but found it very difficult, my sister had to fight hard to get her out of the class as her english was suffering, now that she is out and having extra lessons in english her reading and writing skills have come on leaps and bounds.
I think it's great that T loves to learn a different language keep up the good work x
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 9:33 am

Charlotte loves to watch Dora the Explorer and gets all the Spanish words right!
We haven't tried French yet.....Was considering a bit of Afrikaans as she's half South African but will probably stick to Spanish!

Adios! (See, it even works on me!) Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 10:06 am

Just tell him all you need to know is "Un... (gesticulating) big bastard bier!" Just shout very loud and they understand the rest.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 1:55 pm

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 1:57 pm

lol! bless em eh!

Well T now has websites to learn on too, im gonna be speaking French in my sleep! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 2:02 pm

Ah....bon nuit T!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime16/5/2007, 2:07 pm

Merci beaucoup! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to teach T French   Trying to teach T French Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to teach T French
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Education-
Jump to: