Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Change of teacher

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime6/6/2007, 3:58 pm

Charlotte's teacher has been off sick for the last two school weeks nearly (we had half term, so technically it's three weeks, but I digress!) and my little girl is a changed person!

We haven't had a school-related meltdown in all the time she's been off sick. We've had a little anxiety, but no meltdowns. Shocked

For the last two days C has been reading to me! OK, so they are random words, but they are real words, as opposed to logo's (TESCO for example!). I asked her who has been helping her at school and she said "Miss C. I really like her". I cannot believe that such a change has come about, yet it's there in front of my eyes. I know it might not last, but C has been in full time education since last September and this is the FIRST time ever that she has WANTED to look at letters and words.

I know that it could simply be the novelty of a new teacher, but whatever it is, it's proved to me that C HAS the capability ( I always knew it, because I wouldn't allow myself to think that she wasn't capable!) and that she CAN respond to people and want to please them. hooray

C has never liked her regular teacher (she called C selfish for having a panic attack!) and this has really hit home with me that she needs someone that she "clicks" with.

Not that I wish her teacher ill, but I can't help half hoping that she won't be back until September when C won't be in her class any more! (Something really yukky is going to happen to me now for saying that, but I mean it in the best possible way. Honest). innocent
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime6/6/2007, 4:34 pm

Bless her! so pleased for u both Very Happy

Its wonderful to know our kids CAN achieve with the right person/help and may that teacher keep on teaching!

What a shame she is just a stand in eh! sods law and i dont blame u one bit wanting her to stay until the end of the year, i think any parent who saw such an improvement in their child would be feeling as u do hun.

Well done C hooray
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime7/6/2007, 1:30 am

thumbup thats brilliant goes to show what the right person can do, dd has a wonderfull teacher at the mo and fingers and everything crossed she will have this teacher untill she starts secondry (yikes) in 2 years. So good to hear how well Charlotte is doing.
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime7/6/2007, 5:45 am

I've heard that if you stick pins in a doll & repeat the name of the person you want harmed then 'things' can happen!!! innocent silent
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime7/6/2007, 5:49 am

I did wonder what that stabbing pain was Laughing . Might try it myself on a couple of people, but I've heard you need a piece of there hair for it to work properly (not that I've done any research into it)
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime7/6/2007, 6:28 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime7/6/2007, 9:10 am

Evil mare that I am, I'm prepared to give anything a go!

.....playdough at the ready.....now where are my pins?
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime7/6/2007, 9:57 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime7/6/2007, 2:29 pm

Watch this space!!!! xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 2:04 am

New teacher is still with us....
Still no after-school melt-downs...
God help me when the regular teacher returns...Unless the play dough has done it's job!

Stay tuned!!!

(I'll never get to Heaven at this rate!) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 4:20 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 5:05 am

Think of the fun in hell though!!! Woohoo!! xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 9:27 am

Oooh, Grandma you naughty thing, you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 3:02 pm

The word from school seems to be that teacher is going to be off for a bit longer.... hooray (I don't mean hooray that teacher is sick, but hooray because she isn't there!)

We have had a (school related) melt-down free week. The first ever. Shocked

Long may it continue......
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 3:04 pm

hooray so good to hear how well C is doing, lets hope the teacher is off for a long while yet.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 3:08 pm

School breaks up on 25th July and then when they go back Charlotte will be in Year 1 (blimey, where did my baby go?) and will have a different teacher. This might be good, or might be bad, but it can't be worse!!

Better get some more play dough out of the fridge......can't be too careful! Laughing
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 3:11 pm

Laughing A new teacher may be just what C needs. I know what you mean when you say wheres my baby gone, dd will be 9 in 2 weeks Shocked and starts secondry in 2 years Sad really not looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 3:28 pm

I'm thinking about it too Misty and Charlotte isn't even 6 yet!

Year 1 go swimming at one of the local private schools.....Now THAT I really am dreading..... unsure
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 4:47 pm

I've got 2 tickets to Hell so that I have company anyone care to join me to reak havock?, there are soo many people I could have fun with ( oh where to start) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 4:57 pm

Laughing Laughing PMSL!!!!!!!!! I needed that chuckle thanx kebab! lol! i think i will have to come with ya, im sure my LA & LEA want me in hell right now! lol!
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime9/6/2007, 5:00 pm

We could take lots of dough there too!!! xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Change of teacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of teacher   Change of teacher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change of teacher
Page 1 of 1