Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going to see Psychiatrist today

Go down 
+2
marshmallow
Bambi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Going to see Psychiatrist today Empty
PostSubject: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 4:30 am

Well guys the day has come again to see the Psych (without T) and to discuss the findings of the report and what the next step is.

My bro is coming with me (thank god) and my bro's mate is sitting T while we go.

I have a few issues to address with him like why he informed me he wasnt interested in what Nottingham had to say when i first met him at the hospital when T was admitted along with how he told me at the first meeting at the mental health clinic that he thought T didnt have an ASD! :x

If this is his attitude how on earth does he expect to work with us by ignoring the real hard facts and coming to the conclusion that after seeing T for only ever 30 mins that he can say to me blatantly that T has no ASD? It doesnt suprise me really as i have no faith in the mental health team here hence why i had to go to Nottingham in the first place!

I have spoke with someone who has advised me i have every right to make a complaint to the senior management about the issues i have regarding the understanding of Ts difficutlies not being taken on board and by god i will do that if need be!

Will fill u in later when im back and get the time.
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 4:47 am

hug Good luck, hope it goes well, will be thinking of you!
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 4:59 am

Gonna be an interesting meeting!!! xx
Back to top Go down
Clair

Clair

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 5:28 am

Why did he say he wasn;t interested in the Nottingham report? Does he not take them seriously???

Hope it went ok, let us know Smile
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 5:51 am

Hope it goes well today hun hugging
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 6:40 am

Thanx guys, im on my way now appt at 2pm.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 1:51 pm

OK sorry in the delay posting this but i have had a hectic day and only just the got chance to come here! Had to go buy a bin today and its all changed up so it doesnt get stolen, the things we have to do eh!

Anyway, the appointment was as i expected really, the psych doesnt know if its true that T has the difficulties that the centre have stated and he doesnt know it the local mental health teams findings are true either. He said regardless of what he thinks it wont have an impression on what he does end up being dx with. He said he hoped T didnt have PDA & Aspergers as this is a life long condition but if he has then stratagies and support will need to be put in place but the help (which i pointed out to him that i was told with or without a dx there isnt much help in this area) may be limited and not easy to access (i told u they didnt want the burden of T in the system).

I told him i dont have faith and how can i with all the crap i have endured form all services in this area for 2 yrs now and i wont be blamed for Ts behaviours neither will i take the unprofessional comments from anymore professionals.

I asked him how he could say T didnt have an ASD to me in the last appointment if he has only ever seen T for 30 mins in total? he said he said he said he didnt think T had Autism, i had to correct him there and told him he said ASD coz thats the only term i use which covers Aspergers syndrome also! So how can he make a comment like that? i could see he was uncomfortable with me questioning him like that and i told him Aspergers/Autism are an ASD, fact! and i knew T had Aspergers for a long time but no professional wants to hear what i have to say but i will say exactly how i feel when it concerns MY child and i know him better than any professional ever could! It felt good to let him have it i can tell ya but like my bro said to him also we are living with PURE frustration regarding Ts needs being addressed and me being blamed for how he is.

He then said that he had seen the report from Nottingham and also he had seen the report regarding SS's meeting about T (they sent him this meeting report) within the last 2 weeks!!! WTF!!!!! I have not recieved this report and how dare they issue this report out to people and not even tell me this meeting happened ALONG with not even letting me see this report myself when it concerns MY child!!! i am fuming!!!! I wasnt told of this meeting and heard nothing about it until the psych told me today! I am not best pleased and my solicitor will be informed of this first thing monday morn!

I called SS and they wouldnt answer for nearly an hour, when i did get thru obviously Ts SW isnt there Thurs & Fridays but i still had to let it known i wasnt happy about my findings regarding a meeting about my son and surpisingly there were no managers in the office when i rang! Mad

My god i am gonna lose the plot with these people, i asked him for a copy of this report regarding MY son and he said its down to SS to disclose this information to me! Fuming again! He did seem very shocked i hadnt had a copy as he mentioned it like i knew about it! Im not impressed he couldnt do me a copy (this is about my child or am i wrong?!) and i wasnt impressed at SS attitude when i called! i demanded someone call me back and she took my num etc like she would get someone to get bcak to me but i knew it wouldnt happen Sad

Im not gonna be a happy bunny come Monday and after SS not being intouch for over 4 wks as it is and now this crap! the mucky stuff will certainly be hitting the fan on Monday when i get thru to someone!!!!

So the result was the psych will need to observe T to come to his own conclusions as he doesnt even know T (oh now he realises the obvious!) and he will come to do a home visit on 29th June and try to get a feel for T.

I told him straight (as i know the LA & LEA are coluding their lies!) i have solicitor on the case regarding his education because i wont have T being failed anymore, they wouldnt want their kid suffereing to cope with school and being bullied and neither do I!!

My bro told him straight he will never understand like we do as they dont live it and have to cope with it like we all do on a day to day basis, all we want is help to help him cope with life and the wider environment better. We know its no quick fix and it will take yrs if & when he ever does learn to cope and manage his own behaviours.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 2:01 pm

Who is he to say T dosnent have PDA or aspergers? I hope he gets an eye opener on the home visit, and I hope its not a one off visit either. Huge hugging I agree straight onto your solicitor about the meeting and the report that is not right.

Take care hun xxx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 2:15 pm

Thanx hun I love you
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 2:37 pm

So what DOES T have then??

If they know so much more than you (which we all know they do, of course!) what is their conclusion?

Honestly Bambi, I don't know where you get your strength from, I really don't. hail
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime8/6/2007, 4:54 pm

mum2c i dont htink these people know what they are dealing with. The psych actually said it doesnt seem straight forward with the probs Ts has and i told him that due to an overlapping of many conditions this is what makes it hard and thats why i need a dx for his INDIVIDUAL difficulties. He said he didnt see the point in a label and i told him about himself there too!

I said what Lorna Wing and Sybil Elgar have to say regarding our complex children on a VERY wide spectrum says it all! I also told him that with HFA and Aspergers there is a VERY fine line and i know myself the spectrum is very broad. I can say what is wrong with my son and there is more than what i expectecd mentioned in his report. I had to quote bits from the report saying look 'this and that needs to be specific for T needs' these people dont like to be told how to do their job, my bro said to me 'u know more than many professionals' the psych was silent! I said yep i know i do but they dont like to know us parents can and do know best when it concerns our OWN kids!

I revelled in how i was and i dont care what they think of me and i have a voice which i have to use to help Ts needs, what parent wouldnt do what i was doing? we ALL do it and we have to no matter what!

Last edited by on 9/6/2007, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime9/6/2007, 2:08 am

Can't post much because the computer keeps switching itself off when I try to post, but well done for getting your point across!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime9/6/2007, 2:05 pm

Thanx hun, bless ya i hope ur pc is sorted soon. Any idea what is up with it? strange it switching itself off when u try to post unsure
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime9/6/2007, 4:10 pm

Well done Bambi!! Northern Lass Born & Bred!!! I kinda feel sorry for the professionals in your area cos omg if only they knew what they are dealing with!! xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime10/6/2007, 4:25 am

Thanx Grandma I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to see Psychiatrist today   Going to see Psychiatrist today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to see Psychiatrist today
Page 1 of 1