Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

T nearly ran in the road!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

T nearly ran in the road! Empty
PostSubject: T nearly ran in the road!   T nearly ran in the road! Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 6:40 am

We had to go shops this morn ( i know!) and i knew it was gonna be challenging. Well after we had been to the post office we stopped at the chemist as they had sun lotions on offer (buy one get one free).

When we left the chemist T was hiding and not coming, i said 'bye' and he came bolting out and started screaming and he tried to run straight into the main busy road! Sad I had to grab him so hard to pull him back on to the pavement and he was all over the place making loud nosies also. I got down to his level and asked him why he did it and he said 'i cant help it'. Then i discussed how dangerous it was and it didnt sink in but as u all know we still have to try drum it in eh!

I just wish T was more aware of dangers like that and when he is scared of voices or being touched i just think why cant he be scared of dangers like in the roads?

Wow what a morning i have had and im hoping the week gets better.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: T nearly ran in the road!   T nearly ran in the road! Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 6:46 am

hugging hugging you sounds really wound up today hun, please take half an hour to sit down with a cuppa and just relax for a while. I share your fears about the safety issues, really wish we could get our kids to understand the dangers hugging
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: T nearly ran in the road!   T nearly ran in the road! Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 6:53 am

I am misty and i do try not to be as i could really do without it but sometimes (a lot actually!) the system makes me wanna screeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaam! What a Face

We should not have to live like this but as many of us know, having a special needs child isnt easy when we need to access help and support.

Last edited by on 11/6/2007, 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: T nearly ran in the road!   T nearly ran in the road! Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 7:06 am

hugging really wish I lived closer so I can give you more support.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: T nearly ran in the road!   T nearly ran in the road! Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 7:23 am

Bless ya hun :hugging:u guys give me heaps of support as it is and we can only but soldier on!
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: T nearly ran in the road!   T nearly ran in the road! Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 8:58 am

I know what you mean Bambi....

Charlotte is terrified of noises but has no fear of open water or roads.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T nearly ran in the road!   T nearly ran in the road! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T nearly ran in the road!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: General discussions-
Jump to: