Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PP had some news for me today......

Go down 
+2
GrandmaKyak
Bambi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PP had some news for me today...... Empty
PostSubject: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 12:10 pm

and i told her what the LEA can do with their offer of what they told her to tell me!

All went well at the school this morn when i went and i gave information regarding Ts school history over the years plus the report from Nottingham.

PP came at 2.30 and she said she had spoke with the head of the school T will be attending (she didnt know until then that T would be attending 2moro) she then went on to tell me that the LEA have said they will assess T for a statement if he goes back to the school he last attended! I said so they want me to seriously consider that i would put my son back into a school where he was bullied and suffer more emotional turmoil? over my dead body i would do that to him so they can stick their offer where the sun dont shine!

Now we have a date for the tribunal they think they can side step and call the shots, not with me they bloody cant! i told PP to tell them no way will he ever go to back to that school after what T suffered there and they need to report all what they have to say to my solicitor, i dont have time to talk to them people after all i have been through trying to get Ts needs addressed, facing nothing but lies and ignorance from them and they can take a long run and jump for all i care.

I have a tribunal date and i am going all the way for Ts needs to be addressed and i wont play the game thier way either! PP admitted that it has been yrs of nothing but let downs and she wasnt suprised Aspergers was picked up in the report as we have thought this for a long time.

I then informed PP about the latest event from social services, when they came to my house all cocky and telling me i am looking for these behaviours in T thats why he is showing them. Along with patronising my parenting and not being able to tell me when the core assessment was going to be done. I had this cocky attitude from SS plus the meeting that was held behind my back and not giving me the minutes from this meeting. I told her i dont have time for them either!

I informed her my solicitor is on this now, i wont ever put up with these people treating me like this anymore and i will get the help T needs regardless of their ignorance, i dont need it. She was shocked with what i had to say and she will be contacting SS herself as she is not pleased with how they spoke to me and what the hell are they playing at regarding the core assessment.

She has a few things to do now and will need to speak with the ASD SALT to see if she will get involved regarding T, i told her i am having T privately assessed by an ASD SALT so they can ignore him and fail him all the want (like always) but i will not stop doing what i have to do. She admitted that parents like me do seem to have to resort to private assessments and what a shame it is.
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 12:15 pm

Who is PP? xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 12:21 pm

Parent Partnership, they help parents deal with the LEAs.
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 12:24 pm

Goodies or Baddies??!! Do they actually achieve anything??!! xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 12:31 pm

They are goodies but still part of the LEA, it depends on who u get i think and my PP is great, i like her and she isnt stupid either!

She knows T has an ASD and she has fought my corner all the way for over 2 yrs now. She has given me ample of info and help when she knew T was ASD from her own conclusions and i cant knock her at all. She is the one person in my town that has ever been on my side.
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 12:38 pm

Okay! We like her then! xx
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 1:28 pm

Your PP is lovely, a really good person to have on your side. I couldnt belive it today when they said to send him back to his old school Shocked thought you where going to explode at one point hun, good for you for sticking to your guns theres no way he can go back there and he seems so excited about starting his new school tomorrow, I hope he has a brilliant first day I love you
Back to top Go down
Clair

Clair

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-18

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 1:47 pm

Why does he have to go back to the previous school? Why can;t they just assess him for statement at his new school?

Good to hear things are moving on. Hope your boy has a good first day at school too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 2:10 pm

Just worth noting that these people are not independent. So if anything goes wrong then they will no doubt be supine - after all, that's where they get their money from.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime18/6/2007, 2:27 pm

Exactly what i said Clair, i dont see the logic in that and he needs a statement regardless, just like he did when i first applied 2 yrs ago.

Nope they are not independant Paul but i do think my PP has been better than some peoples i have knowledge about and i cant knock her.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime19/6/2007, 7:21 am

Well done for sticking to your guns and handing it over to the solicitor.

They can see you mean business and they are getting a bit scared.

Can you invite the press to the tribunal, or is that not something that you want to do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PP had some news for me today......   PP had some news for me today...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PP had some news for me today......
Page 1 of 1