Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Update Empty
PostSubject: Update   Update Icon_minitime17/10/2007, 6:34 am

Well as u know T is not attending school (total refusal & with school assistance coming to our home to help) i phoned Education Social Services (ESS is equivalent to EWO) and spoke with the lady who came to see me last week after T running away from the school grounds.

I explained to her the latest of events and something is needed emergency wise for T to be able to access an education he rightly deserves and needs. She advised she did not know where to go from here and i asked her 'so have u never come across anything like this before?' her reply was no. She advised me that she will have to spk to her manager and get back to me, well she has not got back to me and im at my wits end with all this!

I called PP this morn also and the lady i have been dealing with (even though i have never met her in person) is on holiday, so i spoke with another lady who called me back after seeing my message for the other lady. I explained the latest of events and that this can not go on without us getting appropriate help & support. She advised that she is going to get in touch with the EP for Ts school (she also gave me her name) and tell her what is happening and could she give her my num also, i said yes, bring it on! well not the bring it on bit
Laughing

She then went on to advise me further about the Autism Outreach Service known in our area as KAOS, she said even though T has no firm dx yet (due to showing overlap of conditions) he can still access the service because they are understanding in the fact that it can take yrs to get a dx

She advised that only the school could refer T to the service and suggested i ring the school to ask them to do that. What a lovely and helpful lady indeed! thumbup she has made my day i can tell ya Smile

I called the school and asked to spk with the HT and by god he came to the phone! He immediately said he is not happy that i am not getting support and the ESS should be helping and supporting now. He said he phoned ESS on monday (as i did) and she has not got back to him (same with me) i said i have done all i can do and so have u but things cannot continue like this, he said he knows i have tried and something needs to be done. Well i never! i have never met such an understanding compassionate HT before! Im in shock with how well my calls have gone today even though other professionals seem to be dragging their heels!

I then explained about what PP had just informed me about the outreach service and he said thats fine i will do that no problem and he rung me back after 10 mins of finishing our call to advised that he has sent of for the form to refer T to the outreach service and he called ESS. He didnt get to spk with the lady involved but he left an urgent message that she is to contact me this afternoon. Also he said that if they havent contacted me by the morning i am to ring him to let him know. double shock horrror!!!

I think its amazing and how much of a lift professionals can give us when they really do care, show it and act like it

Smile

All i have ever wanted is help for T and i dont fight like i do for nothing, nor do i enjoy this sort of life but unfortunately this is life as i know and it has been difficult during all of Ts schooling yrs. Things have to change and sooner rather than later, ignorance can be bliss to those who dont live what we live but ignorance does not help the health, well-being and the life of our kids and adults who need extra help and support to cope with life.

SS called yesterday tea time to inform me that they were coming to our home on Monday 22nd October to see me & T, thats fine i have no concerns about Ts behaviour being how it normally is and like i said to them before they can make their own mind up what they think when they meet him & interact with him.

SS also said that the information they have requested form my ex area has not been given to them and for some reason they are delaying in giving it to them. Thats not suprising! so unprofessional and neglegant they make me sick! Of course they dont want the sessional workers input and facts about how T REALLY was to come out nor do they wish to hand over the core assessment they supposedly finished and completed a week before i moved, so from beginning of August.

They advised they would be going higher up to managers if it carries on like this because they requested this information over 4 wks ago. The information they request is vital and very much needed from them, do they care? do they buggery!!! They will be shown in their true colours by the time all this comes out & in the open and like my solicitor said to me someone will be answerable to all of this unprofessionalism and slander towards myself.
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitime18/10/2007, 2:19 am

Go girl, I know what a difference positive people and action does to you, it's like riding a high even though you know the struggles are not over by a long shot, you don't care you just enjoy going with it. I'm glad you finally have people routing for you that can make a difference like the HT. I won't jinx it by saying anymore but thinking of you xx
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitime20/10/2007, 12:40 pm

How are you doing hun? Things look to be looking up from your post everything crossed for you xxx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitime21/10/2007, 4:03 pm

Thanx guys I love you

Not good tbh Sad as u can see it only gets worse........

Will post outcome of meeting 2moro when poss, my head is pounding and we need help quickly before its too late.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update   Update Icon_minitime22/10/2007, 2:13 am

Good luck today hugging will be thinking of you, take care xxx
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419