Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

T refused help....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

T refused help.... Empty
PostSubject: T refused help....   T refused help.... Icon_minitime6/12/2007, 2:43 am

by the Anxious Non-Attenders panel Sad

I got a call from the ESW and she informed me that T was refused help by the panel and she was sorry as it isnt the news we wanted, ur telling me! So now all i have been offered for T in terms of an education is that the behavioural support worker (BSW) comes to our house for an hour each day to do work with T. If T is violent towards her (like he has been) she will leave the house.

So is this all that they can offer T? it seems so and regardless of all i do to encourage T to go to school along with the BSW efforts and commitments, T is still not accessing a full time education which by law he is entitled to Sad

So now off i go now to phone more people and to try get my son help, the battles never ever end eh! Sad
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-03-12

T refused help.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: T refused help....   T refused help.... Icon_minitime6/12/2007, 3:59 am

Oh god bambi thats not good. Sad
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

T refused help.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: T refused help....   T refused help.... Icon_minitime6/12/2007, 4:07 am

What's their reason for refusing help? xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

T refused help.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: T refused help....   T refused help.... Icon_minitime6/12/2007, 6:30 am

No reason, i was told the panel didnt think he met the needs of Anxious Non Attenders support, so like always more battles! His Paed even wrote his own account of Ts probs for the panel and this had no bearing
Sad
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

T refused help.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: T refused help....   T refused help.... Icon_minitime6/12/2007, 2:17 pm

ranting can you appeal hun? This is not on, keep on at them Bambi xxx
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

T refused help.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: T refused help....   T refused help.... Icon_minitime7/12/2007, 9:44 am

Can you get the notes from the panel cos it seems bizarre! How anxious do you have to be!! Idiots!! xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

T refused help.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: T refused help....   T refused help.... Icon_minitime7/12/2007, 12:37 pm

I know its criminal! I have spoke with the head teacher of his school and he said that he thought T was one of the worse kids he has come across for not attending school due to his anxieties and he wasnt aware of the panels decision until i told him. He said he was going to contact the ESW and get back to me, also on Monday the behavioural support worker will come and if T still refuses school she will have some work with her for him to do, so she will spend about an hour with him doing work. T is academically able and that is not the problem it is the school setting that is the problem and thats why T wont go.

This is as much as the the school can do given the circumstances and like i keep stressing T is not recieving a full education that he is entitled by law, my solicitor is fuming at it all.

We have the tribunal in January for them to assess for a statement of special educational needs, gosh im in shock things have gone this far but the crap my ex area have said and noted has obviously had effect in regards to Ts needs not being addressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

T refused help.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: T refused help....   T refused help.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T refused help....
Page 1 of 1