Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Direct payments

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Direct payments Empty
PostSubject: Direct payments   Direct payments Icon_minitime3/1/2008, 2:24 pm

Does anyone have experience of direct payments? My SW was trying to organise direct payments so I could get some help a few times a week for an hour or so (get dd ready for school etc) but she says its not an option at the mo so is looking into something else but Im not holding my breath. Does anyone know if or how I can apply for direct payments myself? I know we get restpite but thats only every 8 weeks or so so dosent help during the week when hubs is working long shifts when I really need the help especially now I have 2 to look after, I could really do with this. Still no news on the fence either last I heard it wouldnt happen untill spring time at the earliest so at the mo I still dont have a secure garden for dd to play in Sad On the plus side having the baby around has been amazing, carnt belive how lucky I am Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Direct payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Direct payments   Direct payments Icon_minitime3/1/2008, 3:49 pm

Hiya hun

I dont have any experience sorry, i have heard its great in terms of hiring ur own home help, u get to interview and check out the person who will be a big part of urs and the kids life. Understanding is the key and someone with knowledge and experience of ASDs is VERY important.

I would like something like this but whether i get it or not sometime in the future is a different matter.

Good luck with it all Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578

Direct payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Direct payments   Direct payments Icon_minitime3/1/2008, 9:07 pm

My mum is considering that for me. It's not of use just yet but will be in the future. I tend to think of it as an intrusion into my life but that's probably because I don't know enough about it. I'll get her to have a look and see if she can regurgitate some information for you.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578

Direct payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Direct payments   Direct payments Icon_minitime3/1/2008, 9:07 pm

My mum is considering that for me. It's not of use just yet but will be in the future. I tend to think of it as an intrusion into my life but that's probably because I don't know enough about it. I'll get her to have a look and see if she can regurgitate some information for you.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

Direct payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Direct payments   Direct payments Icon_minitime3/1/2008, 10:57 pm

Thanks Bambi, thanks Paul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Direct payments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Direct payments   Direct payments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Direct payments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Benefits - DLA, Family Fund & More-
Jump to: