Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S day - part 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

S day - part 2 Empty
PostSubject: S day - part 2   S day - part 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2008, 4:18 pm

Ts appointment has come for the 2nd attempt at getting his scans done, its on Tuesday the 15th Jan.

T is saying that he wants to be awake and if they dont let him be awake to have them done then he isnt letting them scan him Sad he is very warey and i know its gonna be horrible to see him knocked out very quick but yet in total distress by having a general, this is the only way and its very important that he has them done.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

S day - part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S day - part 2   S day - part 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2008, 10:58 pm

Good luck hun hugging
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

S day - part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S day - part 2   S day - part 2 Icon_minitime4/1/2008, 1:50 am

Aw, poor little T...and you too.

I know it's not on the same scale, but Charlotte had to have a GA when she had her teeth out and it was truely awful. Probably NOT what you wanted to hear? She was distraught and I was all over the place as nobody had mentioned to the theatre staff that she's ASD! They were trying to talk to her and laughing at her when she tried to hide. It isn't funny, she's scared witless by new people......

...Anyway, off on a different thread there!

Good luck to you and T hugging
Back to top Go down
Clair

Clair

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-18

S day - part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S day - part 2   S day - part 2 Icon_minitime5/1/2008, 9:30 am

J had to have GA for an op when he was young. They said that in some ways it helps if they are really screaming and shouting and it can be easier to get them knocked out because they inhale it in more easily as it's coming towards them Sad

We had the same problem as you M2Charlotte, the staff couldn't get their heads round J's lack of understanding. They wouldn't allow me to be there for when he came round saying 'oh our staff will chat to him , they have a lot of experience' etc etc. My son can't speak or understand much language. Needless to say at the end of the op the staff phoned up to where we were waiting to ask for me to come immediately as J could not be consoled and was going beserk.

I got there to find him deeply distressed he had no idea where he was or who was with him or why I wasn't there. Still makes me shudder now thinking of how scared he looked.

One thing though Bambi, they have seen T before and they know some of what to expect. You would hope that they will be slightly more prepared this time??

Good luck anyway , will be thinking of you both Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

S day - part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S day - part 2   S day - part 2 Icon_minitime7/1/2008, 5:01 am

Thnx guys and Clair thnx for noting ur experience, i know it must be hell and especially as J is non verbal.

They had better be prepared for what to expect or they will know about it thats for sure!

I just want it all over and done with so we can move on to whatever will be.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

S day - part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S day - part 2   S day - part 2 Icon_minitime7/1/2008, 12:31 pm

One thing I will say, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN RECOVERY with him!

I had the same experience as Clair and my poor little baby was scared and hurt and surrounded by people she didn't know. I defy ANY 5 year old (as she was then) NOT to be scared and need their mummy whether they are ASD or anything else...

I have now taken the stance that when I come into contact with new health/education people I tell them about C, I spent a long time assuming that as they have her medical/school file in front of them they must have read it. I have been proved wrong so many times..... ranting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

S day - part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S day - part 2   S day - part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S day - part 2
Page 1 of 1