Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private home tuition

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Private home tuition Empty
PostSubject: Private home tuition   Private home tuition Icon_minitime28/1/2008, 5:49 am

Anyone gone down this route?

I have made enquiries and i have found someone in my area she is getting back to me with times available, i have been honest about Ts special needs and she is still prepared to work with him so thats a bonus.

I asked T what subject he wanted to do with another tutor (maths and science he will be doing with a different tutor) from a list of subjects, i thought to myself Geography but i wanted T to make the choice so he is happy to learn that subject and he chose Geography. I knew he would go for that knowing how fascinated he is about countries so awaiting a call from a geography teacher in our area.

They are not cheap but i will be paying for them out of his DLA, it will be money worth spent providing he gets on ok with the subjects and only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Private home tuition   Private home tuition Icon_minitime28/1/2008, 7:47 am

Thought about this for C at one point, but have to say that I quickly dismissed it as she is so very scared of strangers and it would take weeks for her to even want to be in the same room as them, and if they can't grasp the complexities of special needs kids.....

So, I have decided that when we move I shall home educate, simply because she wouldn't cope with a new school and new faces.....
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Private home tuition   Private home tuition Icon_minitime28/1/2008, 9:21 am

Ok, T is very good with adults on a one to one basis and he feeds off them so here's hoping all goes well, trial & error i guess.

When are u moving mum2c? bless ya HE C and i wish u all the best. I know many parents who do it very successfully, i have done it also in the past.

I know T wont go to a school with no understanding hence his present situation, i felt ok doing key stage 1 stuff which was the level T was at the time but now i know i would struggle with key stage 2 and with him being academically the age of an 11 yr old, i doubt i could do it as well as i would like.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Private home tuition   Private home tuition Icon_minitime28/1/2008, 10:42 am

Have just seen a really ideal house in Gloucestershire. 2 bed rooms AND a lovely basement room which we could use for "school" (very important that the 2 are kept seperate).

It's really close to the Forest of Dean where I spent many happy childhood holidays getting thoroughly lost and tired!

Doubtless they won't let me have it 'cos I'm on Housing Benefit or because of the cat or some other really lame excuse but it's a start and this is the first time in weeks that I've felt really enthusiastic about anything.....
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Private home tuition   Private home tuition Icon_minitime29/1/2008, 1:49 pm

i hope u do get it hun its sounds fantastic! Smile

Bless ya not feeling enthusiastic lately, hope ur ok hugging
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private home tuition   Private home tuition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Private home tuition
Page 1 of 1