Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAHMS (again!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime22/2/2008, 11:55 am

I have cancelled 2 appointments with CAHMS recently one because it was at 1.30pm on a Friday and I have to collect C from school at 2pm (they leave early on a Friday) and the other because my father died and I simply didn't feel like talking to an totally ineffective person who has no experience with PDA.....

So, I get a letter from them telling me that if I don't respond by the 29th of Feb, they will return my file to the GP and close C's case.

Can they do this? I mean just because they are a waste of time and energy doesn't mean that I should have access to them taken away, does it? It's not as if I just didn't turn up, I called them and told them that I wasn't going to be there...

Any ideas what I should do now? I deeply resent going to see them as my time could be much better spent (they have only ever met C once since Nov 2006!) devising new and interesting stuff for C, but I am a bit worried that they are somehow harming her chances in the future...
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime22/2/2008, 1:28 pm

Well they closed Ts case in our ex-area without my knowledge and yet they told the centre in Nottingham they would work with T, that was a bare faced lie!

Im guessing they can close C's case and just because they feel like it, i would be tempted (if i was u) to call them and ask them what they plan to do if/when u would need their services?

Once they close the case/file, it cannot be re-opened again until 6 months later (as i was advised when i found out Ts file was closed, unbeknown to me).

Maybe speak with your GP or health visitor (if u have one) about it?

Sorry im not much help hun but as u know my experience with CAMHS hasn't been great either!

Professionals need to get a grip of PDA instead of burying their bloody heads in the sand! Mad
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime23/2/2008, 1:12 am

It occured to me this morning to have a chat with my GP, actually. He's never met C either but at least he'll listen to me! Good to see that you have suggested it too!

I really don't want to go back and see Dr P at CAMHS now as she surely can't have C's best interest at heart, she hasn't even met C, so how can she ever learn about PDA never mind offer me help.

All she does is make me talk about how C is and then tries to make me find stratagies to help her. I could do that at home with a cup of tea on the sofa! ranting

I'm on the phone to Dr E first thing Monday
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime23/2/2008, 2:01 am

Good luck and let us know how it goes Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime25/2/2008, 10:28 am

How did you get on? xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime26/2/2008, 4:31 am

He has advised me to write to Dr P explaining why I don't want to go back ('cos they are even more useless than a chocolate tea pot) and he will write to them as well suggesting that they stop threatening me and let us go to them when we need to.

RESULT!!
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime26/2/2008, 5:42 am

Woohoo!! xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime6/3/2008, 8:53 am

I have an appointment with Dr P on March 18th......I am unsure quite how this happened Laughing
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime6/3/2008, 1:14 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime7/3/2008, 11:26 am

chocolate teapots are usefull if you have a craving for chocolate pmsl xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime7/3/2008, 11:55 am

There is a definite chocolate thing going on with my latest posts, it started here with the chocolate teapot thing and has now infected the "Lazy Mare..." thread!
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime24/3/2008, 12:02 pm

************UPDATE**************

It's 1 - 0 to me now!

I was all set to go to the appointment on the 18th when my dear little Fiesta went and died on me the day before!

Completely irrepairable, I had to get the AA to tow me home, arriving and HOUR late to collect C from school.

I called Dr P to explain that there was no way I could attend as I had no car and it isn't possible to attend the appointment AND get back in time to collect C from school.

Methinks she smelt a rat, but hey, what can I do?

Anyways, I am now the proud owner of a 9 month old car....... love heart
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime24/3/2008, 1:45 pm

Woohoo!! Every cloud...............!! xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime25/3/2008, 2:15 pm

Some stupid little twonk decided it would be fun to let down two of my tyres last night..... cursing

Had to get the foot pump out.....I'll have legs like a body builder if this carries on! (the rest of me will remain pale and flat and uninteresting though!!) Wink

May have to invest in one of those compressor things that plug into the ciggie lighter......

At least I didn't have to use my mouth.....I'd still be there on the first tyre! lol!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime25/3/2008, 2:40 pm

Aww bless ya hun
yep u could still be blowing now if u didnt have a foot pump lol!
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime25/3/2008, 4:42 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CAHMS (again!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAHMS (again!)   CAHMS (again!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAHMS (again!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Support and Advice-
Jump to: