Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

aspergerd/asd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lolly

Lolly

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-06-16

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime11/2/2009, 4:18 pm

a friend has advised me to look up aspergers,can anyone give me ideas,i was told by h/v M is showing traits of adhd and *other things*my friends son has aspergers&she she told me that M shows *signs* of this,im so confused,M's teacher says he has no issues with behaviour but again 2nite he told M to *smile* as he doesnt smile&is moody.im worried cos i know my son is happy but what if he CANT smile on demand.any ideas plz xxxx
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-03-12

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime12/2/2009, 7:36 am

http://www.aspergers.com/ Try that website also try the national autistic society website aswell Lolly.

I wonder how many other kids are in M's class. Maybe the teacher just isnt noticing his behaviour. Or maybe he isnt all that clued up on Aspergers and Autism. Although that really would be weird for him to know about ADHD and not know about Autism and Aspergers.

Does M ever smile at all?

By the way School have always said to me that they have no issues with A's behaviour but at home thats a different ball game. Still like A's special needs nurse says they have to let out steam somewhere so why not home hehe.
Back to top Go down
Lolly

Lolly

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime14/2/2009, 7:27 am

hi hun there 24ish in m's class.
wen i told him about his behaviour at home he said"oh hes just copying his brother" that annoys the heck out of me cos j is settled now on meds.the health visitor also said"thats just a cop out" saying he is copying his brother.
yep m does smile but not often.if we are playing and laughing heplays and laughs too.he got told off yesterday twice so maybe teach IS starting to notice?!
thanks hun x
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-03-12

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime15/2/2009, 9:31 am

Oh i agree that is just a cop out saying he's copying his brother.

24 is a lot of kids for one teacher to keep an eye on all the time so i bet you he is being naughty at school and the teacher just isn't noticing.

I've come to the conclusion that school's only tell us what they want us to know anyways.
Back to top Go down
Lolly

Lolly

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime16/2/2009, 5:14 am

yep i know he does stuf at school cos he comes home and tells me lol,hes so honest. ive told them this but they dont seem to listen,i told hv thats one day he is gunna flip out at school&by god will they know about it!then im afraid il be telling school"i told u so!"
Back to top Go down
Lolly

Lolly

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime26/3/2009, 3:57 pm

and by god was i right about m flipping out at school,he had to be restrained by his teacher...i wasnt informed about this..good job 2 parents and a Governor witnessed it all and told me,,,then again*there's no issues with m's behaviour!
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime26/3/2009, 6:06 pm

what's happening now with school, are they finally gonna listen to you? xx
Back to top Go down
Lolly

Lolly

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime1/4/2009, 12:53 pm

crap all hun:(been to parents eve 2nite&his teacher told me what an effect his behaviour over the last couple of weeks has had on teachers&how it was a shock&they want the *OLD* M back,told him THIS IS how m is&ive told u before!
everything I said was met with a"oh yes i do that,or so and so does that,oh kids do that" I was also told how his behaviour over the last couple of weeks is just a *Blip*&he will improve with being given detention after school...ok..you go for it then!! I told teach that his dad had severe behaviour probs etc&looking at all the evidence from his childhood&me being married to him for so long,he would prob be diagnosed with adhd!
if detention can sort out his behaviours why has health visitor referrd him to camhs..makes me so mad cursing
sorry hun just realised I seem to be ranting at you lol&I wasnt hugging
hope u ok,hugs,lolly x
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime5/4/2009, 3:32 pm

no probs, you rant away, have you told the school that your health visitor has reffered M to camhs? I'm 32 with bi-polar so you would think people would listen to me, but no apparently there is nothing wrong with me that a kick up the arse will solve!!! what chance have children got cause they need support from adults, just keep on fighting they will have to listen eventually xx
Back to top Go down
Lolly

Lolly

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime6/4/2009, 6:36 am

hi hun,yep school know he's been refered,but I get the impression they think im making it up&because m's brother has adhd,Im just assuming that m does.i know my own child better than them&luckily the home/school support worker is right behind me,she has done reports&letters for me to take to camhs also asked mason to fill in a questionnaire(like a conners report)about how he thinks he is etc,some of the q's were *do u find it hard to sit still,do u lose/forget things necessary for school,do u get out of your seat wen u not supposed to,do you forget what the teacher has said when he asks you a question...m answered YES to all of these and she agrees theres definatly hyperactivity there and a concentration problem.but obviously im making it up!
at least camhs will be able to help with the problem&if m does have adhd i will be saying to them I TOLD U SO.just like I did when J was diagnosed,they didnt believe me till he turned up at school with ritalin!
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime6/4/2009, 9:20 am

You would think that with your husbands and J's history they would've been looking out for the signs. I do believe it's hereditory, my cousin was hyperactive and got kicked out of nursery on her first day, her husbands got adhd and so does his brother, now they think there daughter has it and after pestering her for months she finally realises she needs to get something done about it, so now E has got a ILP (I think thats what it's called) xx
Back to top Go down
Lolly

Lolly

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime6/4/2009, 1:47 pm

cant help but chuckle,i meant to put ex husband lol.left him 8 years ago&he not seen/allowed to see the kids since,as he was put on a certain register and was handy with his fists towards me.i
m glad hes not in our lives at least cams/school cannot blame their behaviour on having a crap role model as a father as thye dont know him at all,j is 10&m is 8 so i deffo think its hereditory so does a few other people also the support worker. whats an ILP?j is on an IBP(individual behaviour plan) and an IEP(individual education plan)is an ILP an individual learning plan? bout time school listened&im gunna make sure im heard! xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

aspergerd/asd Empty
PostSubject: Re: aspergerd/asd   aspergerd/asd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aspergerd/asd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Support and Advice-
Jump to: