Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Refused a Statement for T

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Refused a Statement for T Empty
PostSubject: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 3:17 am

Got it confirmed today that T is not to get a statement of special educational needs Crying wow these people make me sick! Mad

So off i go again with more battles and people to contact regarding this censored up situation! seems my area really dont give a censored nothing suprises me with the system anymore and i am living proof of it and what gets me is that all this time its T who is suffering Sad
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 5:15 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Sorry to hear this, I am in shock!!!!!!!!! Dont know what to say really, what reason do they give?
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 6:46 am

His needs can be met by school action plus load of crap basically, so im not rising to them anymore ive said all i have to say and done all i can do. Its all in the hands of my educational solicitor now and i found a fantastic press artcle about my solicitors today, they fought and won a case for a disabled person who was being failed by their local council, not suprising eh!

I think my LEA will be fed up of me but do i give a censored ? nope i do not, they dont so why the hell should i!!!

PS if anyone wants a copy of this article pm me i will email u a copy, very interesting reading and good on my solicitors for fighting the case Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 9:07 am

What is wrong with these people? No wonder our society is getting so messed up. xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 9:40 am

Its gonna take years for the system to be right and thats if it ever will be, no matter what children & adults with disabilities are not a priority just like our OAPs and thats sad.
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 12:23 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked I'm still in shock, how much more stress do they want to pile on the 2 of you before they help? Have you read (Because of course you've got so much time to read, Not! Wink ) 'Surviving the special education system. How to be a 'velvet bulldozer' by Sandy Row. I just got it yesterday and so far it looks quite good, written by a parent who has fought the system.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 12:42 pm

Thats one book i havent read but i sure wouldnt mind reading it by the sounds of it thumbup where did u buy it?

Funny how many of us have to fight the system, that alone shows how wrong it is but they simply do not give a censored us and our children are just a number nothing else and sod the fact we are humans who have rights and feelings!!!
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 12:49 pm

Bought it from Amazon, it seems good, although the author does talk about parnts knowing their children best, not the 'experts' Shocked She obviously doesn't know the experts here because of course they know our children best! silent Wink
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 12:53 pm

Hmmm i hate hearing that crap! how can someone who doesnt even know ur child know them best?! Well all from the books obviously!!! What a shame my T and ALL our unique & individual kids are not in text books eh! silent Wink
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 12:56 pm

Maybe we should get lots of copies of this book and they can learn that, actually, we do know our children!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 12:59 pm

Yeah maybe they should stick their heads in books that are reality and that hit them in the face with real hard facts, dont tempt me hun i mite stick it somewhere with great force & where the sun definately dont shine!!!
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime17/4/2007, 2:21 pm

hugging feeling really angry for you hun.
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime18/4/2007, 10:53 am

I reckon these people are paid commision not to spend money or play the game fairly. xx
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime18/4/2007, 11:22 am

GrandmaKyak wrote:
I reckon these people are paid commision not to spend money or play the game fairly. xx

Yeah, the less money they spend, the more there is for their bonus!
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime18/4/2007, 12:45 pm

Precisely!!!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime18/4/2007, 12:48 pm

Exactly!!! thats what its all about and its so very wrong! these idiots are messing with the mental health of people suffering from disorders, all to line their pockets! Mad
Back to top Go down
flashnscents

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime26/4/2007, 10:10 am

Try and get hold of a copy of "Surviving the special educational needs system" by Sandy Row. This was my bible when I was fighting for J to get put in the right school. It's full on invaluable information including a comprehensive list of contacts/helplines of different organisations.

The info. in this book will enable you to stand your ground, fight your corner and play them at their own game. It guides you through the tribunal process and how to get a school named on your childs statement.

From what you have said about T in the small bit I have read this is totally the wrong decision and needs to be reversed. They can't just do this indescriminately.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime26/4/2007, 11:35 am

Thanx for the book info flashnscents, will go library see if they have it. Ur telling me this ridiculous decision needs to be reversed! Mad
Back to top Go down
flashnscents

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime26/4/2007, 1:50 pm

For starters ask your LEA for a copy of their COP (Code of Practise) and then get yourself some postit notes and start quoting bits back at them about how T's educational needs are NOT being met in line with their COP. Forget the PP person if they're like ours she will be as much use as a chocolate teapot! Ours was working for them not us!

You need to start with the headmaster/mistress of the school. The school needs to identify that T requires some extra help - wether this is that they treat him differently because of his difficult behaviour or whatever, they will not be treating him the same as other children as in T's case this would not work (assuming he is in school and not at home this is).

The next stage is that the school continues to provide something different for T but calls in external advisors. This could include people like the educational psychologist etc.

After this the school can request a statutory statement.

If the school isn't being helpful you can push them to call in an educational psychologist and this will be one of your first steps to getting him properly assessed.

They will not want to give you a statement because once you have it they have to put in place all sorts of services to meet T's need.

The ISBN number for that book is: 1-84310-262-5 Jessica Kingsley publishers in London.
Back to top Go down
flashnscents

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime26/4/2007, 1:52 pm

Just noticed that the book I'm talking about is the same one Marshmallow told you to get!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime26/4/2007, 2:44 pm

Oh yeah! doh and i thought when u said it that im sure ive heard of that book before and thought maybe i even read it, i have read so many books over the last 3 yrs!

Thanx for the advice and i have emailed u to update u on the situation we are now in, this has been going on over a yr and a half, i could go on forever but i wont! Laughing

The EP that i had observe T i had to make a complaint about to the LEA, not that it did anything because i am a no-body and the mother of a no-body Sad

T used to go to the after school club and when he was there he wanted to wee in another kids mouth, he asked his friend if he could wee in his mouth while laughing about it and holding his privates, he was trying to pull the pants down on the other children and used very bad language during the session (teacher informed me of this when i went to pick him up so i asked her to put this in writing for me) i have her statement of these incidents in writing in Ts file.

This EP told professionals involved that T must of seen the behaviour he was displaying at the after school club,
whether he had an ASD or not he had to of seen this behaviour. So then i was reported to child protection and asked whether T had been sexually abused or witnessed oral sex! I was heartbroken that an EP could make such a comment and say Ts behaviours were not that of kids who have ASDs, u can imagine what i went through. I have been reported to child protection twice now and i have had police come to my home this year in Feb, refusing to go until they see T to make sure i am not harming him Sad I have had it with people/professionals in my area if thats what u call them, to me they are just as bad as the criminals on the street, the only difference is they get paid loads of money for ruining peoples lives and they get away with it! ranting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refused a Statement for T   Refused a Statement for T Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refused a Statement for T
Page 1 of 1