Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella

Go down 
+2
Paul
Bambi
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Empty
PostSubject: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 4:19 am

This meet up we are planning for us this summer is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Smile so please any input and ideas are more than welcome, the more the merrier and if we can make it so we spend an evening together also, that would be fantastic! Very Happy

Ive got T helping me with the locations of areas in the UK on his map of the UK, he knows more than me! lol!

Last edited by on 22/4/2007, 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 4:59 am

ok here are few locations i have spotted:

http://www.stickneyfarmpark.co.uk/index.html

http://www.whitepostfarmcentre.co.uk/

http://www.derbyarboretum.co.uk/Intropage.htm

dunno if they are appropriate but they may be possibilities for us Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:05 am

Somewhere in the Forest of Bowland might be quite nice. Particularly when it's warm.

Needless to say, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire is too far away. Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, southern Cumbria, West Yorkshire and parts of North Yorkshire would be OK though. Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:15 am

I bet these all have ale establishments Paul???!!!!
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:21 am

They might do. But I think I can survive without permanently trying to get plastered. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:22 am

I dont know where everyone is located as yet to be able to pin point what is central for all of us, so if everyone can state their location in the UK it would give us a better idea of where to be looking. I am trying to make it fare coz i know its not going to be easy for those who have to travel with special needs kids and using public transport, like myself.

Bambi = West Yorkshire

GrandmaKyak = East Anglia

kebab = East Anglia

Paul = Lancashire

mum2charlotte = Surrey

funkymamu = Southampton

marshmallow = West Yorkshire

sorry hun, i dont know exactly where surrey is in relation to west yorkshire and i think west yorkshire is the furthest north of the UK our members are.

I think i have listed definates who would be up for it, so anyone else that wants to add to the list please do so stating ur location Smile

Last edited by on 23/4/2007, 4:21 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:23 am

Surrey is right at the bottom of the country, in the south-east. Lancashire is in the north-west of England. Lancashire borders West Yorkshire to the east.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:25 am

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:26 am

I think somewhere like Northamptonshire would be central but not in easy reach of any of us.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:34 am

Northants is fine for me, but then I am lucky in having a car. No car= no go anywhere we can't walk to. Not able to do the public transport thing AT ALL!

Is Brum any good for anyone? I can get there in a couple of hours (used to go to Crufts at the NEC) but my knowledge of "the north" is as sketchy as yours is of "down south" Bambi!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:51 am

I know its a shame we are all so distant from eachother! but we need this and i think it will lift our spirits. What about Birmingham? look at this:

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/GenerateContent?CONTENT_ITEM_ID=101427&CONTENT_ITEM_TYPE=0&MENU_ID=126
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 6:58 am

Wow snap mum2c! Laughing just saw ur post after i posted Wink

I have to say a big thank you to GrandmaKyak for all her help and supporting our meet I love you
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 7:30 am

http://www.wyreforestdc.gov.uk/wfdc_html/clacs/parksandgreenspaces.htm#Brinton%20Park

Several places here in shropshire look nice and with excellant facilities.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 7:41 am

http://www.wyrebc.gov.uk/Council%5FServices/Tourist%5FInformation/

I have sent off for info for what we are specifically looking for Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 8:06 am

Bambi: Wyre is five minutes away from here.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 8:07 am

The Forest of Bowland is in the Valley. Look at Ribble Valley Borough Council's website for info on that. I'm also a Valleyman.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 8:30 am

Wyre is a four hour drive for me, well according to the AA route planner it is!
I'm happy to travel that far, I can easily turn it into a bit of an adventure for us by spending a night at a travelodge along the way. A bonus really as C and I won't be tired and pernickety about things!
Isn't one of us in Southampton? That's even further south than me....
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 9:52 am

Brinton Park looks nice on the first link, no way can u drive 4 hours to location mum2c! thats way too far for ya and were not having that sorry Wink we want to spend a night at the location as it is so we get 2 days to chill and mingle Smile

I dont know who is in southampton, is it funkymamu?
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 9:54 am

Paul u do know ur mum is more than welcome to come and if she cant make it bring a friend! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 10:06 am

Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 10:24 am

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 10:47 am

I know this but she's very busy as it is. Unless it's local (i.e. within the counties I posted earlier) it would be very difficult for me to get there. If we had a few more southern members we could have north and south meets.

By all means sort out a meet of your own. Smile
Back to top Go down
funkymamu

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 12:49 pm

Don't forget me Sad

I'm down here in Southampton but would be willing to travel to meet up!!!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 1:52 pm

Everyone is welcome funkymamu and its good to hear u wanna join us Smile

No worries Paul trying to accomodate everyone and its what ever everyone wants to do (wanting to travel near or far).

Any spots u think are suitable for our meet pls do post em, where ever they are in the UK Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 2:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 2:51 pm

Arrowe country park - Wirral

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/er/arrowe.htm
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 2:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 2:55 pm

North Wirral Coastal Park

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/er/nwcp.htm
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 3:14 pm

If we had a few more members then we could have seperate north/south meets. How would you go down south Bambi? It must be difficult for you.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 3:16 pm

An idea I had would be to just find a nice town and meet up there for a day. Northern Staffordshire could be doable?
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 3:28 pm

I travel down south all the time with T where there's a will there's a way Wink coach or train aslong as i have Ts consoles! thats why i thought maybe an over night stay would suit us if we travelled quite a distance & the bonus of quality time together.

We could do a day trip and an overnight stay meet during the summer, after all it is 6 weeks the kids are off school!
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 3:58 pm

I'd come and visit you (and other northern members) no problem - if the chevron can take the pressure, that is! Anywhere within a two-hour drive away is doable. Longer and it's a no-no.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime22/4/2007, 5:30 pm

Ok thats fine Paul Smile im looking for places to go at any given moment! There really are some beautiful sites in the UK and i want to explore them! I love going places, a break from the norm is a must Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime23/4/2007, 4:01 am

I'd rather leave the country. Could you do that? There are interesting places inside and outside the UK. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime23/4/2007, 4:27 am

I could leave the country but cant arrange anything like that until i have the funds to do it and i do plan to venture abroad at some point this year Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime23/4/2007, 7:25 am

We could always meet on the Isle of Man in a few months. I'll be visiting there anyway. That way we all have to travel and there are no members too near the meeting point. Unless we get some Manxies on here between now and then, of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime23/4/2007, 7:39 am

clapping Loving that idea Paul.
I've always wanted to go the Isle of Man, but there is one proviso to anywhere we might end up....I cannot travel on a boat! (I have Menieres Syndrome)
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime23/4/2007, 8:21 am

We could meet up in Douglas while we're there. Or we could meet in one of the villages. I want to go back there later in the year for a few more days, mainly to see the western side of the island. It would be a nice, quiet place for us to meet away from a lot of the hassle of the mainland.

You can fly from the UK to the Isle of Man through Ronaldsway if you can't do ferries. It'll be much more expensive but a bit quicker.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime23/4/2007, 8:32 am

Would love to go there it sounds lovely Smile
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime23/4/2007, 8:56 am

Can't see C getting on a plane somehow Rolling Eyes

Haven't they built a tunnel yet?

Or how about a bridge? Surely there's a road bridge? Please! pray
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime23/4/2007, 12:23 pm

It would be nice, but it's equidistant from the UK and Ireland. It's ferry or airport only and most take the ferry. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime24/4/2007, 8:34 am

Will look northern staffordshire later Paul Smile

I had a call back from these people today:

http://www.wyrebc.gov.uk/Council%5FServices/Tourist%5FInformation/

They are sending me info about whats on in the summer and what picnic and park areas will suit us Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime24/4/2007, 8:44 am

Wyre's a nice area. I recommend Garstang. It's a nice quiet town. Some nice shops, especially on market day. Most of the other towns in the area are either a bit grim or don't have much to recommend them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime24/4/2007, 1:19 pm

Ok guys i need dates for when we want to meet up and location suggestions pleeeeeease, then we have to agree on the location then we can meet up! hooray
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime24/4/2007, 1:27 pm

ok the dates i have in mind are:

Saturday 28th July

Saturday 4th August

If satuday isnt a good day then say, schools are out everyday during the summer so i didnt think it would make a difference being the weekend, its gonna be the same any day we go Smile
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime24/4/2007, 1:31 pm

So long as my Fiesta can get there (and back again!) I really have no concrete idea of where to go.

C and I have confined our trips to the Southern part of the country so a journey to the North would be fun and a real adventure!

I'd be happiest in August but only because we have the whole of August off from school!

I actually broached the subject with C this evening, and her face lit up when I explained to her that there are other children who think and feel like she does. It made me feel all gooey, but a bit sad to think that she is already aware that she isn't the same as some of her peers....

BTW, she roared with delight when she heard some of your names! The winner was Marshmallow who got the award for "the best name I've ever heard Mummy".... dance
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime24/4/2007, 2:38 pm

Thats fine hun we can do August, bless C I love you and it must of hit home realising that she knows she is different, T knows it too and has said he thinks he is weired Sad i told him he isn't and that he is a very special boy. He also realises its his brain that makes him the way he is, he told me one day when we had a Paed appointment 'the doctor cant fix my brain and its a ghost inside of my brain' I love you bless his little cottons.

I think its good for our kids to realise they are not alone and maybe it can do wonders for their self esteem which a lot of our children lack ( i know T does) he told his Paed last week that he is 'f***ing rubbish' Sad

Way to go marshmallow! u are awarded Autism Umbrella's first trophy hooray
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime24/4/2007, 2:54 pm

Skipton's a nice idea...? Or somewhere like Derbyshire perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime24/4/2007, 4:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime26/4/2007, 8:32 am

I forgot to say family members are more than welcome too, a partner if u have one plus siblings or simply just a close friend Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next