Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings Empty
PostSubject: NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings   NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings Icon_minitime29/4/2007, 7:45 am

Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings   NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings Icon_minitime29/4/2007, 8:22 am

One thing I don't get: why is a British national autistic group passing judgement on an American news story? This shooting really has nothing to do with us yet it's big news over here. Why? The same doesn't work the other way, you know.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings   NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings Icon_minitime29/4/2007, 8:30 am

I wondered that too Paul when i saw it on NAS news listings, worried maybe that Autism will be blamed for such incidents maybe? who knows?
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings   NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings Icon_minitime29/4/2007, 10:23 am

I did voice the same concern as you Bambs...

Perhaps society cannot accept that a "normal" person would carry out such a horrific act and needs to blame a brain dysfunction instead.

This is so wrong it hurts! Maybe I'm wrong too, God I hope so, but every time something so dreadful happens then the media seems to find the need for a label and it just annoys me so much! ranting
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings   NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings Icon_minitime29/4/2007, 11:00 am

I don't really think it's to do with autism at all. Rather, I think the man was screwed up in another way. He then took revenge in the way he saw fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings   NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NAS's take on Virginia Tech shootings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: Resources :: In The News-
Jump to: