Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do we manage.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

How do we manage..... Empty
PostSubject: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime30/4/2007, 10:09 am

....Head Lice!!!!!! cursing

I cannot believe how many times Charlotte has come home with these little censored !

For someone who likes to keep her distance she seems to be getting them an awful lot!

Anyway, we've now got to the point where she refuses to let me comb her hair (brush is fine but "NO comb, mummy"), so how do I get the little censored ?

Anyone got any suggestions for a good application that doesn't need combing through? There must be something out there....I can't take her to the docs as it isn't worth the hassle and the dirty looks and the meldown. It's 'only' headlice....
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime30/4/2007, 1:50 pm

The only thing I can think of is to 'google' headlice & see what the internet comes up with. Sorry I can't help much but maybe someone else can. xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime30/4/2007, 1:53 pm

thumbup I'm on the case....(scratch...itch...scratch!)
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime30/4/2007, 3:44 pm

Oh no! poor C, well i dont have advice hun sorry! T has never had nits (touch wood!) and Corin had them once many yrs ago, but i just shaved his hair off and with him being a boy its a different ball game with nits.

Not much help am i?!
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 1:49 am

Sorry hun carnt recommend anything to get rid of them but using tea tree shampoo is a great way to repel the blighters, hope you find something hugging
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 8:58 am

I asked at the chemist.
Was a bit surprised when I was asked WHY I couldn't use a nit comb, though. I mean why should that matter? So I had to explain that C has an ASD and can't sit while I do it! Maybe it breaks up their day to ask potentially pointless questions Laughing

Anyway, brought home a bottle of Hedrin. You just apply it to dry hair and wash it out at least 8 hours later. Easy Peasy......hope it works Itch....scratch.....itch.... Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 9:00 am

Keep us updated!!! xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 9:01 am

Am hoping to do a corpse count tomorrow night! Ugh....
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime1/5/2007, 11:37 am

how about trying full marks mousse aparently you just apply it and then wash it out, good luck
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 3:18 pm

GrandmaKyak wrote:
Keep us updated!!! xx

Right.....you asked for it....

I can sum it up in one word.....GROSS affraid affraid

The lotion is just like water, no smell or anything, but it made her hair look REALLY greasy. Like I'd dipped her in chip fat or something!

Anyway, at least she let me actually do it this morning (once again I have Thomas and Friends on Nick Jnr to thank for that! hail ), so she pootled off to school without itching and then we washed her hair this evening like wot we woz meant to of.

There were bodies everywhere! Well. OK, a bit of an exaggeration, but as soon as I tipped the water jug onto her hair they just washed out of it. It was head louse armageddon! They were all very dead as this stuff drowns them (HAH! serves them right. NO blood sucking little parasite is going to have MY baby's blood!).

So, to cut a long story short....we are currently a head lice free zone. (We have to do it all again next week though, just to be sure)

I feel like Rambo now! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 4:04 pm

hooray well done mum2c Very Happy god help any parasites that wanna take u on! Laughing
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 5:59 pm

Superhero!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do we manage.....   How do we manage..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do we manage.....
Page 1 of 1