Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally got the letter....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Finally got the letter.... Empty
PostSubject: Finally got the letter....   Finally got the letter.... Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 2:57 am

OK guys i have the letter this morn about the DLA award and its as follows:

Help with personal care - Entitled to higer rate

Help with getting around - Entitled to lower rate

Its been awarded for 3 yrs.

in total thats over £80 a week i cant bloody adam & eve it! especially after having to appeal as they refused it to start with!

I will get the payments every 4 weeks and now im off to apply for carers allowance, now i have this letter & confirmation of the award Smile

Last edited by on 2/5/2007, 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the letter....   Finally got the letter.... Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 3:08 am

thumbup hooray hooray hooray group wave
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the letter....   Finally got the letter.... Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 3:34 am

thumbup
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the letter....   Finally got the letter.... Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 3:19 pm

yahoo
Back to top Go down
Donna K

Donna K

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the letter....   Finally got the letter.... Icon_minitime25/6/2007, 7:17 am

Probably a bit off topic, but does the amount you get depend on the corcumstances of the child you claim for?

I don't know how much my friend gets for her little boy, but he's middle spectrum with GDD.

She got awarded DLA and CA and was already getting tax credits, she rung them thinking they would stop her money and they gave her more because of his DX!

J is very able, but can't cope going out walking anywhere so she has to take him in the car, plus he's a danger to himself as he's no sense of danger or road awareness and would runn out into the road, so she gets free car tax and can't remember wether she said middle or higher rate mobility for J.... It seems they deem the less able children less of a danger to themselves (maybe wheel chair bound or something) so they often get lower rate from what I have been told..

I;m confused!

I was told ages back I could claim CA but would have to wait to claim DLA, now I have been told recently I can't claim CA until I have DLA, is this right? I want to claim but without the dx I don't think I would be entitled.

Back on topic, I have read though the threads in this part of the forum and I am glad yo finally have it all coming to you Bambi!! YOu and T deserve it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got the letter....   Finally got the letter.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally got the letter....
Page 1 of 1