Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psychiatrist appointment on Friday

Go down 
+2
misty
Bambi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Empty
PostSubject: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 10:54 am

Got another appointment to see Ts psychiatrist this Friday at 2pm, my bro's mate can defiantely have T so i can attend (without T to start with) so thats all sorted.

I think it will be an interesting meeting hmm
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 1:41 pm

Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 3:03 pm

Oooh, keep us posted hun. I had to cancel my appointment today as it was slap bang in the middle of half-term!!!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime2/5/2007, 3:07 pm

Thanx misty & yep sure will mum2c Wink
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 8:15 am

Good luck for tomorrow, hope it is a useful and productive meeting Very Happy . I'm sure that it will be interesting!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 9:21 am

Oh yes marshmallow VERY interesting! Wink
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 5:48 pm

Can't wait to hear what they have in mind for T!! xx
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime3/5/2007, 11:55 pm

Good luck today Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 4:05 am

Thank you everyone, well im gonna tell it how it is and how down i get with Ts behaviours, along with the daily struggles
and how upset he gets over things.

My bro's mate is coming at 12 noon and im gonna go look around the shops to try and relax before the meeting at 2pm.
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 4:35 am

Good luck, will be thinking of you hug
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 7:39 am

Hope it's all going OK for Bambi......
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 1:09 pm

Hi guys

Well the appointment was long 2pm - 3.30pm and all i can say is that i felt like a parrot (going over the same stuff) and he said from what he saw of T (just the once 4 30 mins) that he didnt think he had an ASD, i spoke about ASD as i felt to and i didnt hold back. I told him when i did my research (like i was told to by a health visitor) i was reading about my son & also my dad came to mind in a lot of aspects within ASDs, i told him i know my child better than anyone and i know what keeps him calmer better than anyone. Also that i knew before ASDs were mentioned to me, that i needed to let T know A LOT of what was going to happen ( i was often told i tell T too much by parents who didnt know Ts underlying problems) if people just turn up at our home T cant handle it and i cant say we are going somewhere and it doesnt happen, boy do i know about it then!

I wasnt prepared to have another professional tell me about my son when i know him better than anyone ever could, i know what makes him tick like no-one else does because im his mother and i want to know what makes my son behave in such a way that is difficult to cope with in everyday life. I told him all i want is to cope and thats why i went for a 2nd opinion and i dont appreciate how some professionals have treated my son's difficulties. He has never been around violence ( i wouldnt take violence off any man, once and they would be gone without a 2nd chance) and his behaviour is a great worry for all his family who love him dearly. I dont care if he didnt want to hear it or not but i said what i had to say, i am past caring if people dont like what i have to say but i feel like i have been to hell & back. My son has been failed and i wont sit pretty accepting they know best, coz they dont.

He said there is not much he can suggest apart from looking at making my relationship with T better (less violent) i told him T may always be violent with me as he takes his joys & pleasures out on me, he feels secure with me to be himself fully. I said well i will give anything a try and what works for some kids dont work for others so its gonna be trial & error, just one of those things. He said well there is no point starting anything or joining the list of pro's already involved in Ts life until we see what the report is saying and what we are dealing with.

This is fine with me coz i am not waisting my time with people who dont care or show a true interest in Ts needs, if T needs to see a psychiatrist as an out patient, he can see one privately and get the treatment and understanding he deserves, if they want to try fail my son i wont hesitate anymore. I told him T needs a brain scan and blood tests along with gut tests that have NEVER been done even though he has had serious hospital episodes from the age of 8 months, yet no-one seems to care about getting these tests done but me. I told him T had itching of his skin for yrs and no-one cared and the Paed T saw at the CDC here told me to ignore his cries of his skin itching! he had to admit that comment was not a professional one to make.

So i see him again on the 8th June to discuss the findings of the report, which should be in my hands within the next 2 wks, im sick of waiting now i want what my Ts life depends on.
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 1:22 pm

hug hugging hug hugging hug hugging Been thinking of you all afternoon.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 1:33 pm

I'm so sorry Bambi, but this is really annoying me.
Some of the things you have said about T, telling him what's going to happen, no surprise visitors and "broken promises" is EXACTLY what I have to do with C. How can she have an ASD and not T??
Your "professionals" up there need a kick up the backside.
Is it any wonder that you need ADs?
I wish I could post C's "team" up to you. I KNOW that they would help both you and T...
Feel really useless as most of the time the professionals down here are only too willing to help....(although the LEA is pretty pants!)
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 1:49 pm

They need something! i had to get T privately diagnosed with having papular excema due to the Paed here saying ignore Ts cries about his skin itching and the rash that would appear along with very bad flakey scalp, that in itself shows how ignorant professionals have been regarding Ts health & well-being.

Like i said i dont have time for it now and they can like it or lump it, i wont stop the fight!
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 1:53 pm

Well done, but you shouldn't have to fight so hard for your childs well being. Oops, my mistake< I forgot for a milli-second that we don't actually know our own children do we doh
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 1:56 pm

Yes silly u marshmallow, how dare we think we know our children better than professionals?! its censored criminal the way they go on! Mad

Last edited by on 4/5/2007, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 2:02 pm

Sad I'm sorry, I'll go and write my lines now. Promise I won't make that mistake again.

I do not know my children
I do not know my children
I do n............................
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 2:08 pm

C has a very flaky scalp too...we use coal tar shampoo.
Yet another similarity...
Keep fighting!
Maybe we should nominate you for Mum of the Year.....at least it would highlight the brick walls you have had to dynamite out of your way, just to give your son exactly what he should be entitled to.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 2:10 pm

They dont like US parents knowing too much or more than them thats what it is! and when they realise we do they use their power to try knock us down and sweep us under the carpet.

Well they will not knock me down or sweep me under anything! I will fight heaven & earth for both my boys if thats what i have to do, like any loving and devoted parent would!
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 3:42 pm

you go girl clapping
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime4/5/2007, 4:55 pm

Wooho !!! Go Go Go!! xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist appointment on Friday   Psychiatrist appointment on Friday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psychiatrist appointment on Friday
Page 1 of 1