Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psych Appointment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Psych Appointment Empty
PostSubject: Psych Appointment   Psych Appointment Icon_minitime9/5/2007, 2:19 am

Now I know that I have it fairly easy down here in Surrey and I don't have to battle with the LEA and doctors and stuff, but... on June 7th I have an appointment with a psych to discuss ways of managing C's behaviour.
That's fine, but WHY must we waste the first session going over old ground? She wants to know all about the pregnancy, early history etc etc but I've been through all that with CAS (and have a 16 page report to prove it!) who referred us to CAHMS in the first place! So quite clearly they must have C's background as we've already been to CAHMS once for C to be assessed!
More than a little frustrating! ranting
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Psych Appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psych Appointment   Psych Appointment Icon_minitime9/5/2007, 2:46 am

Yep i felt like a parrot when i went to see the psych also, they must think we like repeating ourselfs or they try to make it look like they are doing some work, who knows!

Good luck hun and do let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
marshmallow

marshmallow

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2007-03-14

Psych Appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psych Appointment   Psych Appointment Icon_minitime9/5/2007, 3:49 am

In my area it's so they can disagree with everything you say.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Psych Appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psych Appointment   Psych Appointment Icon_minitime9/5/2007, 4:29 am

marshmallow wrote:
In my area it's so they can disagree with everything you say.

How VERY true! We never know best and they know our kids better than us! so basically u dont have to raise a child from birth to know them u can have full knowledge and understanding after seeing the child once and for only 30 mins, censored jokers!

They must think we are thick and they are everything with their college/uni certificate, but guess what THIS is the real world and NO-ONE knows this life like us who live it in day in & out and certainly NO-ONE knows our kids better than us!
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Psych Appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psych Appointment   Psych Appointment Icon_minitime9/5/2007, 7:35 am

cheers
Well, so long as it's not just me then! Thought I was being singled out for 'special treatment'.....
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Psych Appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psych Appointment   Psych Appointment Icon_minitime9/5/2007, 1:01 pm

Well we are special thats for sure, as are our kids! and with what we have to go through i think we all deserve an MBE!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Psych Appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psych Appointment   Psych Appointment Icon_minitime9/5/2007, 2:24 pm

Good luck hugging
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Psych Appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psych Appointment   Psych Appointment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psych Appointment
Page 1 of 1