Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outreach ASD Sessions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Outreach ASD Sessions Empty
PostSubject: Outreach ASD Sessions   Outreach ASD Sessions Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 2:43 am

Well, the time has finally come! yahoo

Charlotte's school has in the region of 14 ASD kids currently studying full-time and our local Autistic school is sending a bunch of Outreach workers to come and meet us all and hold 5 2 hour sessions with just us parents.

I've known about this for months and I've been impatiently counting the weeks ever since I first got invited to the sessions. By the reaction from most of the people I've mentioned this to, it's virtually unheard of, so once again I feel very grateful to be living where I do.

Now the reason I'm saying all this (yes, there IS a point!) I was wondering if we could all use it to our advantage. Does anybody have anything they really want an answer to that I might be able to ask? These people deal (like us!) every day with Autistic kids, and they just MIGHT have a solution......

The first session is on Friday, so there is time to think about it. Just let me know..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Outreach ASD Sessions   Outreach ASD Sessions Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 5:22 am

Nice one! yahoo wow go for it and make the most of it hun Very Happy

I will have a think about what i would like u to ask and will let u know! Smile
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Outreach ASD Sessions   Outreach ASD Sessions Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 9:01 am

They are going to be sorry they invited me along!

I have so many questions already, that any more won't make much difference!

Roll on Friday.... hooray
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Outreach ASD Sessions   Outreach ASD Sessions Icon_minitime11/6/2007, 1:47 pm

Woohoo! Go girl!! xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Outreach ASD Sessions   Outreach ASD Sessions Icon_minitime15/6/2007, 2:42 pm

This was just what I expected.
Absolutely brilliant!
This first week was a full-on in-depth analysis of exactly what Autism and Asperger's really is.
Every single characteristic was broken down, and it was really surprising at the overlap between the two, I knew that there would be one, but I didn't realise just how much it is! It made me realise just how difficult it must have been to properly dx T, for example.
It felt a bit like my first time here, after my initial explanation "My little Charlotte has PDA etc etc etc" and how PDA presents itself, I simply didn't have to explain anything else. They all knew!
We're talking about communication next week....Should be good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Outreach ASD Sessions   Outreach ASD Sessions Icon_minitime15/6/2007, 2:48 pm

Awww bless ya thinking of T, im so pleased it went well and i do hope it helps, which im sure it will!

Its so nice to know people 'know' and u dont need to say much more, roll on communication session!
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Outreach ASD Sessions   Outreach ASD Sessions Icon_minitime15/6/2007, 3:04 pm

thumbup so pleased its going so well I love you
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Outreach ASD Sessions   Outreach ASD Sessions Icon_minitime15/6/2007, 4:11 pm

Sounds brilliant. xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outreach ASD Sessions   Outreach ASD Sessions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outreach ASD Sessions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Education-
Jump to: