Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed Empty
PostSubject: Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed   Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed Icon_minitime26/6/2007, 10:34 am

Hi guys

Ive been a bit quiet this week and im sorry but had lots on, i have got a new printer now and when i opened the box no bloody usb lead! pissed off about that as i have to go back to the shop in the next town, some things never go smoothly eh!

Any how on Friday evening one of the private dx contacts got back to me and we had a very long interesting discussion. I told her all i had to tell her and what the report from Nottingham says, she has heard of PDA which helped.

She was so lovely and she said i am doing all i can do for my son and never give up making noise even tho they want me to, she said i was very resourceful and dont let professionals tell me they know my child better than me when i know exactly what is going on.

She then advised that she did not want to take my money and assess T when really i have a dx (i explained about the no firm dx as yet) and whether a dx was made or not the report says it all. She was however a bit concerned about how much it seems to be relying on what he is like in school because her assessments dont rely on that to diagnose a child, it is the whole of the childs history which is where the information lies.

She said that what she can do is talk to the professionals involved (told her how SS are saying i am looking for the behaviours he shows along with the LA not accepting what the report says and not being able to access help for T and myself) even though she has not met T she said it sounds very much straight forward regarding his problems . I told her i would send her a copy of the report and she is very keen to see that and then she will take it from there. I told her i have a private SALT coming to assess T on 7th July and she said thats the best thing i could of done.

Such a lovely lady and i felt relaxed in talking to her, i could tell she knows how us parents have to suffer and struggle like this and that was overwhelming. She is going to help me out how she can and doesnt want to take my money for nothing when really i do have a dx, she has made me feel loads better.
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed   Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed Icon_minitime26/6/2007, 10:40 am

Ring the shop & tell them to send you a usb lead!! xx
Back to top Go down
Donna K

Donna K

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed   Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed Icon_minitime26/6/2007, 11:33 am

Aww, she sounds great!! I love it when you get one person sympathising, believeing and wanting to help after all the brick walls and fob offs we usually come across, it really does make you feel so much better, you don't have to get wound up explaining things to people like her because they listenn and don't try to tell you it's down to you or imagining or any of that rubbish!

Hopefully then, with her help, you will get the form dx without having to shell out all the cash you were expecting to either Very Happy

I'm really pleased for y ou and fingers crossed things keep on going well as of now!! hugging Very Happy XXX
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed   Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed Icon_minitime26/6/2007, 1:32 pm

She sounds lovely thumbup I was starting to wonder why you where so quiet, hope everythings ok hugging
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed   Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed Icon_minitime27/6/2007, 3:15 am

Ive sent her a copy of Ts report off this morn and it will be interesting to have her feed back on it, thanx guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed   Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussions with a private consultant developmental paed
Page 1 of 1