Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?

Go down 
+2
kebab
Bambi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Empty
PostSubject: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime2/7/2007, 2:52 am

HI guys

Ok i have a situation that i do not feel comfortable about and i need advice pls.

I have another appointment on Thursday this week and it is again (this is the 3rd appointment ) without T. The reason i need ur advice is that i feel i am the one being analized by him and not T, obviously because he has paid no attention to getting to know T.

He reckons he needs to speak with me (again!) to see where we need help regarding his behaviour, i am sick and tired of repeating myself and surely this man should be trying to get to know my son and taking things from there.

I have emailed my solicitor to see what he thinks, do i go to the appointment or not? the way i feel about it is i dont need to be analized here and it seems he may be doing this as a way to blame me for the way T is. SS are already doing this and the fact that my LA are not accepting what Nottingham have reported about T it is worrying me a great deal.
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime2/7/2007, 3:00 am

That would be like my sister going to see me psychiatrist without me (no point)
If you are not happy with the way he is dealing with and T's needs then I would request to see a new psychiatrist, this one is clearly not helping you.
You are perfectly within your rights and don't let anyone tell you any different.
Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime2/7/2007, 3:31 am

Bless ya kebab and thanx for ur advice, it is much appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime2/7/2007, 7:15 pm

Ask him!! Find out why he hasn't seen T yet. xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime5/7/2007, 3:01 am

I will do Grandma, he is coming to my home at 1pm and i already feel that he is coming to look at where i live with T, maybe even to see if we live in a tip so he can blame Ts probs on that, sorry but i do feel this way after all i have been through and still going through!

Solicitor & Paed advised let the meeting go ahead and take it from there, i think after today i will know how it is being played and if need be i will request another psych.
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime5/7/2007, 3:09 am

Good luck for today, I hope it goes the way you want it. As for them looking checking to see where you live I don'nt think that is the case as people who live in posh houses have autistic children so do'nt worry about that x
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime5/7/2007, 4:09 am

Good luck xxx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime5/7/2007, 9:23 am

How'd it go?
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime5/7/2007, 12:00 pm

Dunno what to make of it really but i felt like a parrot again!!!

The short of it is he will be going into school to observe him in different settings like in the class room when its fully structured, when the class room work (story time) semi structured and in the playground with no structure as such. He did say that understanding T is what we need to do and they can display different behaviours in different settings.

I told him i know T does this and he can let rip when he is out of the school building (i have told him of all the happenings at his new sch so far, like the tears over leaving the classroom helper and being teased etc).

I do though need your advice on something else, he did ask to see T's room and i asked why is that then while agreeing, he replied so he could get a feel of T's surroundings. He did make a comment when he had observed Ts room that he didnt want me to feel uncomfortable in my home hmm I have left a messgae on Paeds answer machine this eve as i want to inform him of Tariq's room being looked at. I will also let my solicitor know in the morn.

I told him i dont need to be told that its my parenting that causes Ts problems and i wont accept i dotn know what i am doing when i have raised my eldest alone until he was nearly 8 yrs old. He got all defensive and all he could say is i dont know. I said time outs star charts dont have no bearling when T flips he flips and is a danger to himself and others.

He will be calling the school to arrange going to observe him, time will tell what happens next and im not holding my breath!
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime5/7/2007, 4:51 pm

To be honest if I was a professional dealing with children I would want to see their surroundings too cos we read too often where so called professionals don't do their job properly & kids are being abused right under their noses. Be watchful of the situation but think 'outside of the box' too until he proves himself one way or the other. xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime6/7/2007, 5:36 am

Yes Grandma i can appreciate that and thats why i had no problem him seeing Ts room because i have nothing to hide Smile
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime6/7/2007, 5:47 am

The only reason I can think of is if he thinks that T is either over or understimulated at home?

God knows what they'd make of my house, as we share the one and only bedroom!! Laughing

Charlotte is regularly observed at school but nobody has been here since her dx. (Apart from 1 visit from the FSW from the CAS). She could be living in a cupboard for all they know or care!

Maybe they are trying to make sure that it isn't your fault through bad parenting (remember the false accusations from not so long ago?).
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime6/7/2007, 6:12 am

Well i dont think they can blame my parenting because i am NOT dragging him up, thats why i made a point of saying to him im not going to take that from anyone anymore.

He did ask what T played with and he could see all the things i have in my living room (not just in his bedroom) to stimulate him.

I will see what happens next and take it from there, thanks!
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime9/7/2007, 3:37 am

Why do the professionals always seem to blame the parents.

Thats one thing i really dont understand.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime9/7/2007, 11:56 am

Because we are an easy target....
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime9/7/2007, 4:28 pm

Precisely!! xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime13/7/2007, 8:50 am

Detrimental is what i have to say to the people who seem to want to blame us and not look at the 'real' picture!
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime14/7/2007, 5:58 am

I agree bambi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?   Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psychiatrist, is it me or T he is analyzing?
Page 1 of 1