Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friends

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Friends Empty
PostSubject: Friends   Friends Icon_minitime3/10/2007, 2:37 pm

Hi guys

Well as u know we have moved into a new area and a place where a lot of children live & play. T is obviously ecstatic at this and is very keen to play with them. T has been keen to mingle and get to know the kids which i see as a good way for him to interact and learn from them, well i should say thats what i would hope.

So T being T has gone out there full force, mingled and made some friends
Smile not without it being VERY hard work! Rolling Eyes

He is playing with them but he is only happy when he is in agreement with what they do, he comes in crying (every occiasion and it can be several times a day) if they refuse to play his choice of game and he has got into a physical fight with another child, his friends come to our home (we have a seperate play room) to play with him and again not without it being VERY hard work!

He cries and screams at them for not playing the game his way and for shouting or not shutting up, yet they are only talking but if he is playing the ps2 he gets very angry at people talking around him. I talked to one of the girls he was screaming at to get out of his house this was yesterday, i explained to her that he cant help how he is and i dont know if she had noticed something about T and she said yes. I said he is like this with me and im his mum but he just cant help it, this girl was well pleased i talked to her because she went home and told her mum she understands now why T behaves the way he does Smile Her mum was telling me this morning and i was glad i did what i did.

When i observe T (well i can hear him!) with his friends i long for him to be able to cope with interacting appropriately, he has shown all the kids and some parents what he is like with me when he is kicking me or being verbal in the street. A few of the mums are more aware now and they have said it must be hard for me to cope, yep but he needs help sooner rather than later.

I feel very comforted that the neighbours seem to be accepting of T and he isnt being ignored by the other kids, we are very lucky to have such nice people living near us

Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends   Friends Icon_minitime4/10/2007, 3:55 am

Must be very difficult watching and hearing him do his best but not have it all out there in front of him.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends   Friends Icon_minitime4/10/2007, 8:19 am

Its a very positive sign that T wants to play with the other children thumbup and Im really pleased the other parents are being so positive. Could you chaperone the games for a while and try to explain the rules as they go along?
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends   Friends Icon_minitime5/10/2007, 11:38 am

T only likes his own rules!! xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends   Friends Icon_minitime7/10/2007, 2:10 pm

Grandma said it all misty, T makes his won rules and what he says goes or all hell will break loose! I guess there is nothing i can do and i do realise that the kids let T have it his way just to keep the peace
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends   Friends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friends
Page 1 of 1