Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crap times at the mo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Crap times at the mo Empty
PostSubject: Crap times at the mo   Crap times at the mo Icon_minitime11/12/2007, 5:02 pm

Sad

i have had enough of all this battling and i dont see any light in the distance at present, my solicitor is now rolling his sleeves up ready for action, looks like it will end up in court, i dont want this but what is one meant to do when their child's needs r not being met Sad

Social services r making me sick, the LA & the LEA r no better with the state of affairs there! social services told me today that the special needs dept at the LA said to them that T will not be assessed for a SEN as he isnt in school and he must go to school, do these people think its fun having T home all the time and him missing out on an education that he so rightly deserves and is entitled to by law? and do they not realise i am trying my damned hardest? obviously not to talk such crap to me!

Well i was advised by my solicitor yesterday that T CAN be assessed for an SEN even if he is not in school. He explained that children not of school age get assessed for SEN so T not being at school will not make a difference, also that there r kids who don't attedn sch like T and get assessed. I asked him this to make sure the LA cant use that as an excuse not to assess him when we go tribunal in Jan, so its lie after lie and blatant ignorance towards T needs even to this day.

I have been advised by my solicitor not to entertain any of them now and to tell them to talk to him, i refuse to talk to anyone professional apart from Ts Paed, he is the only one i can honestly say who cares about T out of a lot of so called professionals involved.

What a sad state our system is in Sad
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Crap times at the mo   Crap times at the mo Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 12:29 am

I totally agree with your solicitor Bambi. My son was assessed for a statement before he started Nursery school so your LEA are talking nothing but B*** **it to you.

Good luck with everything bambi Wink
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Crap times at the mo   Crap times at the mo Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 2:06 am

Big hugs to you hugging
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Crap times at the mo   Crap times at the mo Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 5:05 am

Thnx guys I love you

I forgot to mention that SW also said to me that T needs to accept that there will be kids he doesnt like and thats life, that again shows their ignorance regarding his anxities about attending school.

I had a call from the SW again today and she said they can come out on wednesday, immediately i stopped her right there and told her that i have been advised that they talk to my solicitor from now on. She said she cant speak to him but he can contact their legal services dept and take it from there, so she gave me the number of the legal services dept for my solicitor to call (my solicitor has already wrote to them this wk, unbeknown to her). I then dropped it that my solicitor is aware of the procedure as he is also a SW so thats fine, her reply was 'oh is he' yep! so they can put that where the sun don't shine! my thoughts only of course Wink

Called solicitor and he is next in the office 2moro, then the battle really begins, i just feel so sad things have got to this level and i have had parents tell me over the last wk that my story & situation is what they have lived or living and how heartbreaking is that? Sad
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

PostSubject: Re: Crap times at the mo   Crap times at the mo Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 5:40 am

Oh god all these agencies need to get there act together.

Dont they think its bad enough us has parents having to put up with the "normal" ignorance without them all being bloody ignorant with us aswell.

You never know bambi you might just change these "professionals" for the better in how they "help" ( I use that term very lightly btw)
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Crap times at the mo   Crap times at the mo Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 6:10 am

Tell me about it Sarah, its a sham our system and the state it is in.

Do they know the meaning of the word help? im slowly beginning to think not!
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

PostSubject: Re: Crap times at the mo   Crap times at the mo Icon_minitime12/12/2007, 6:13 am

Hey bambi you know what you should do is send them an definition of "help" from a dictionary Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crap times at the mo   Crap times at the mo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crap times at the mo
Page 1 of 1