Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The S day is nearly here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

The S day is nearly here Empty
PostSubject: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime13/12/2007, 7:55 am

T will be in hospital for 7.30am 2moro for his MRI & blood tests, my baby is being so good but what worries me is that they have stated that if the oral med doesnt work fully, they will need to do it by IV also Sad I know T wont cope with that.

Grandma knows how T was when they tried taking blood when we lived down south, she was one of a few of us trying to hold him down! the tests never happened Sad

He cant drink nothing but water upto 7am (he drinks a lot of water anyway so that is not a problem) then Nil by mouth, but he is going to smell breakfast on the ward at that time! gosh how silly to put kids through that when they cant eat?! Well they can deal with it and explain it to him when he is kicking off! I hope and pray he doesnt but i will not take punches & kicks for this! i will get well out of the way and let them take it.

I will post asap after we get home, wish us luck!
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime13/12/2007, 9:14 am

Just popped on to wish you lots of luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you. Could you call them tonight and explain the situation and ask what time breakfast is served, maybe it would be ok for you to take him for a walk around the hospital at breakfast time so he wont notice it.

Take care, hope it goes well. xxx
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime13/12/2007, 9:15 am

Oh god good luck bambi this is however weird for me coz my Son is going for a blood test,urine test and it says in the letter that they are "going to look at his skin under a special lamp".

His appointment is on Monday so im a bit worried about him with the needle coz he hates them. Anyways his learning support said if i take the special cream in too school on Monday she'll put it on to save me going into school for 10 to put the cream on then go back 30 mins later to pick him up,which i thought was nice of her Wink.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime13/12/2007, 2:29 pm

Thnx guys Smile

I hope all goes well with ur son on Monday Sarah & that is lovely of the school to be so helpful thumbup
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime14/12/2007, 11:48 am

Let us know how you get on Sarah. xx
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime15/12/2007, 1:33 am

Yea i will Grandma i just hope he is back in school for dinnertime coz it is the school christmas dinner on Monday aswell. He would be really upset to miss that
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime15/12/2007, 12:16 pm

Good luck for Monday xxx
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime15/12/2007, 2:12 pm

Thanks misty Wink
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime17/12/2007, 5:56 am

okey so today we went to the hospital for his blood tests etc,and what a star he was he sat really still while the nurse put the needle in then when she had done he said "Aunty was right Mam it did hurt a little bit but not much" so the Nurse gave him a sticker and two packets of sweets coz he was so good for her.

He was a bit scared when we were waiting though but they didnt keep us waiting too long and their was plenty of toys in the room to keep him occupied so all in all it went really well i was really proud of him. He's kept the cool plaster on that they gave him though and his nice sticker. The really good thing was aswell he made it back to school in time for his christmas dinner hehe.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime17/12/2007, 8:16 am

Thats fantastic news! thumbup well done ur son! clapping hooray hooray

how long before u have the results hun?

Im so pleased all went well and how very brave he was thumbup
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime17/12/2007, 11:34 am

Woohoo!! xx
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime17/12/2007, 2:00 pm

Really pleased it went so well xxx
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime18/12/2007, 1:42 am

We have to go and see the paed for the results so probly sometime in the New year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The S day is nearly here   The S day is nearly here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The S day is nearly here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Medical and Health-
Jump to: