Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tribunal today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Tribunal today Empty
PostSubject: Tribunal today   Tribunal today Icon_minitime14/1/2008, 11:48 am

First of all i am exhausted! its been a long day and my head hurts Sad

I have not long got back & my neighbour had T for me while i went.I dont know what result we will get in 2 wks time but im hoping & praying it goes our way.

The LEA's reason for not assessing T is that they dont know if the author of the report done in Nottingham is qualified to state the contents! Shocked so that is why they are not taking on board Ts problems, also that the fact he wont go to school is because its a home problem. The Chair then said but if the situation is home based why will he not go to school? they had no answer, like they did to a lot of things that were asked.

The HT said his bit and that T had been violent with the helper coming from the school to try coax T into school, also that his anxities were heightened when she came to our house to try get him to school.

Myself & solicitor did our bit and i explained in detail in some parts exactly how Ts difficulties effect him, giving examples of why he has a pragmatic language impairment (even tho the LEA are not taking on board his report) along with how the schools have said nothing is wrong when i get the brunt of his anxieties and what has been wrong in school for him and i stated the fact that i do not wish T not to be in school and he is missing out on an education he so rightly deserves and needs.

My solicitor said i did really well, i dont think i did but i have never been in this situation before so its all new to me, i just hope it was enough to make them realize they need to assess T before his refusal of school goes on any longer.
Back to top Go down
Clair

Clair

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-18

Tribunal today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribunal today   Tribunal today Icon_minitime15/1/2008, 5:20 am

Well done Bambi, can't have been an easy day for you. thinking about you today too hug
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Tribunal today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribunal today   Tribunal today Icon_minitime15/1/2008, 10:53 am

Thnx Clair I love you
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

Tribunal today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribunal today   Tribunal today Icon_minitime16/1/2008, 8:05 am

You should listen to your solicitor, they are the ones with the experience in these types of things and they wouldn't have said you did alright if you hadn't xx
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Tribunal today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribunal today   Tribunal today Icon_minitime16/1/2008, 3:47 pm

I know in my bones I'm gonna see you in Parliament! Very, very proud of you. Well done. xx
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Tribunal today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribunal today   Tribunal today Icon_minitime17/1/2008, 7:03 am

hugging
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tribunal today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribunal today   Tribunal today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tribunal today
Page 1 of 1