Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Progress with SS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Progress with SS Empty
PostSubject: Progress with SS   Progress with SS Icon_minitime7/2/2008, 8:39 am

OMG! i am in shock!

Up until now i have not had a good (or even decent for that matter) run with SS but i think things are changing Smile

I only met this SW on Monday this week and he has been round today with forms for me to sign to get respite and for a family support worker thumbup

He is keen to try to get to know T and try to help with getting him into school. He said that we might need to look at a different school for T if it is clearly showing he isnt coping with going to the one he is on roll at.

I then used this opportunity to say to him i did actually find a special sch (before i moved and it is closer to where we live now) that worked in partnership with 3 local mainstream schools. They would slowly and at the pace of the individual child intergrate (when they felt the time was right) them into mainstream. If the child did not cope with it then they would simply reduce the mainstream hours intergration and wait for when the child could cope. This could be for several hours a week or several days a week and to me this is ideal, if the child does not cope then they would not be forced to attend the hustle and bustle of a mainstream sch, which is why i think some children end up school refusing.

SW thought it sounded fantastic and it could be an option for T, he asked me for the name of the school and he would be speaking with his manager about it.

He has rung me twice already this week and he said to me 'im on your side' he said today that the first thing that jump out at him was Ts intelligence and how bright he is. He went on to say T does not want for anything and he can see that, he is impressed with the educational things i have in my home to feed Ts intelligence and he said Ts striking intelligence is one of the signs, well i never!

I keep pinching myself to see if i wake up! Laughing

He informed me that his manager is right behind me getting T the help he needs and so is he, i really could not ask for anymore at this stage. The speed at which this is moving is very fast and i can cope with that no probs!
Back to top Go down
Clair

Clair

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-18

Progress with SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress with SS   Progress with SS Icon_minitime7/2/2008, 12:35 pm

Well thank god for this. I think people have so busy concentrating on the 'parenting' accusations that they have failed to see some of the glaringly obvious aspects of AS. Advanced intelligence often being one.

Fingers crossed you are turning a corner
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Progress with SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress with SS   Progress with SS Icon_minitime7/2/2008, 12:40 pm

So pleased for you & T. It's so nice to get some good news for a change. Bring it on!! xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Progress with SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress with SS   Progress with SS Icon_minitime7/2/2008, 3:50 pm

Thnx Clair and Grandma I love you

I remember when T was 3 yrs old and he attacked me real bad in the GPs surgery, SS were contacted because of this and she came to my home. She said to me and i will never forget it 'oh he is very intelligent, you have a mensa boy there, he will be fine'. That was that, no help for me to cope with his behaviours because he is bright! wall bash

Just because T is intelligent does not mean the problems i am having with him are not a concern, why oh why are some people so blind! or maybe they want to be blind?! Mad

My solicitor is well impressed at how Ts SW is on the ball and knowing he looks after ASD kids at wkends is a bonus Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Progress with SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress with SS   Progress with SS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Progress with SS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: General discussions-
Jump to: