Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm really quite cross...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

I'm really quite cross... Empty
PostSubject: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime19/6/2008, 12:23 pm

Due to Charlotte's bolting behaviour and the subsequent violence and aggression I have arranged with school (since the end of Jan this year) that she should be collected by me a few minutes early so that she doesn't get overwhelmed at the end of the day.

This has worked brilliantly, the meltdowns after school have stopped and while she isn't always happy ('cos she had a bad day or whatever) she a lot happier than she was.

So this morning I get a surprise IEP telling me that school now require her to leave me (am and pm) independently, i.e. I don't collect her early and I don't leave her everso slightly later than all the other mums.

Thing is, they want this done twice a week. Oh, for censored 's sake!

First of all, the arrangement for the afternoon was made because I couldn't cope with a DAILY public meltdown and because when she bolts she is in serious danger.

Secondly, how the censored is she meant to understand that she has to do this only twice a week?

I sent a snotty letter back to school this afternoon TELLING them in no uncertain terms that to try this would be detrimental to both C and me.

What is wrong with these censored ing people? Where DO they keep their brains during the day?
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime19/6/2008, 1:30 pm

Why the hell have they suddenly decided to change her routine? ranting have they not noticed a difference, ignorant sods, I had the same prob at work, they changed my routine to help me, and then the smallest improvement in my condition and ther'd try to change it
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime19/6/2008, 2:40 pm

You take no crap from them cos you know what is best for your child. Just ignore them & continue to smile sweetly & carry on anyway!! What they gonna do about it?? Take you to court??

If they kick up then go to your local paper! That'll put the cat amongst the pigeons!! Heehee!! Sod 'em!! xx
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime23/6/2008, 1:54 am

Have they responded to the letter? I hope they have seen sense.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime23/6/2008, 7:40 am

So far there has been nothing from school.

Am I speaking too soon, I wonder?!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime23/6/2008, 11:52 am

Hmmm just seen this post Mum2C sorry for delay hun.

Ok well as u know i have battles all the time with sch and their lack of understanding! Mad

OK firstly u r C's mum and u know best no matter what others try to tell u and if taking her home early is what keeps her calm and cope better then sod em! do they want C more unstable and not a happy bunny coz of what they want?

Sch issues really get to me here because our children will NOT conform they way that sch want them to and the issues they bring home from sch (which is saved up for us) is very hard to cope with!

Like u i have to put up with T being very abusive to me infront of the parents and children but no-one seems to care about that because once that bell has gone for hometime our childrens problems are our problems and not theirs (in their eyes!).

Stick to ur guns and im not suprised u have had no reply as yet to ur letter, they are probably thinking ur a mother not to be messed with and by god they have got that right!

Do let us know how it all goes tho and take care Smile
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime23/6/2008, 2:43 pm

Thanks everyone! hug

It never fails to surprise me that once they let the kids out of the classroom all interest in our kids just disappears.

Oh, if only I could move house, then we could home school....
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime24/6/2008, 12:05 pm

I thought I'd see what would happen if we went in on time this morning. Rolling Eyes

There's NO WAY I'm changing the afternoon routine, but I wanted them to see what happens.

So, I get there on time and all her classmates are lined up waiting for her teacher to let them in.

C doesn't join the line, but walks alongside it. Doesn't join in but was probably looking for her best friend. Anyways, the new boy in class, M, immediately pipes up that C is "pushing in". Clearly not true, but C is deeply upset and the fact that M's dad told him off for saying it didn't matter. The damage was done and C was trying really hard not to cry.

C decided to tell her teacher and M (in true playground 6 year old style!) said that she was lying, and that he never said it at all! His dad was furious and told him in a very loud voice not to tell lies!

Blimey, thinks I (well, it was almost blimey!), this is what happens when we try and get there on time! Funnily enough, C didn't leave independently of me this morning!

Methinks we'll be a few minutes late tomorrow....

Being late works!

I just wish that C didn't have to be the one who gets upset though. None of this is her fault and I felt really bad until I picked her up this afternoon...
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime25/6/2008, 1:55 am

Good for you! You know what works for the two of you! Go girl!! xx
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime25/6/2008, 2:23 am

Im so sorry C had to go through that, just stick what works for u and C.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime25/6/2008, 9:50 am

Me too.

It always seems to be that C has to get upset before we get anywhere.

Still, the SENCo phoned me today and we have a meeting next Wednesday.

I am currently polishing my battle-axe in preparation..... Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime27/6/2008, 4:21 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime27/6/2008, 4:11 pm

Wishing u luck for wednesday hun hugging

do let us know how it goes and stick to your guns, u know best where C is concerned and your the one who gets it in the morn & at the end of the school day.

Laughing@battle-axe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm really quite cross...   I'm really quite cross... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm really quite cross...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Umbrella :: ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) Topics :: Education-
Jump to: