Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella

Go down 
+2
Paul
Bambi
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/5/2007, 1:26 pm

Ok guys i am looking to arrange the meet for Friday 3rd August is that ok for everyone? obviously anything can happen between now & then but i wanted this date as i will have C home and he would love to come :)

If people want to come up as far as lancashire im sure we can sort out arrangements for us to stay overnight.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2007, 9:10 am

I am not capable of independent travel. Also, my mother very often spends the weekends working all over the place so that would make it difficult for me to attend. Hope the rest of you have a lovely time, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2007, 11:32 am

Oh! I thought u were up for it Paul? Thought lancashire would of been right up ur street.

Its a shame u wont be there but i do understand ur situation.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2007, 12:23 pm

I'll have to look at the specifics. If you're meeting in ceremonial Lancashire it might be a goer but as I say I'm not sure. What do you want to see in Lancashire? Give us some ideas. Countryside? Ribble Valley, without a doubt. Pleasant towns? Wyre/Ribble Valley. Cities? I'd suggest Lancaster - it's a very historic city. Not very nice towns? Blackburn maybe. There's loads to see and do. Smile
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/5/2007, 1:40 pm

August 3rd is fine with us!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/5/2007, 4:05 am

Ok Paul ur the expert with places to visit being a devoted traveller and all! We definately want lots of space for the kids to scamper and something for the adults to get refreshments if u know what i mean! Wink

Will check out whats in Blackburn at some point this weekend but do let us know if u come up with anywhere.

Nice one mum2c, so pleased that date is fine with u Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/5/2007, 4:44 am

I've never got pissed in Garstang but it seems a nice place for it. A lot of pubs there and it's not too busy. The main road through the town centre would pose a problem if your kids have the tendency to want to run into it though.

I like Waddington but it's a bit of a boring place. Three pubs and that's it. Mind you, it's nice to look round for half an hour.

There is Edisford Bridge near Clitheroe but the dog problem would pose difficulties for me.

Are you getting here by car? I was thinking you could go up Bowland or the fells for a bit and then go to a nearby town or village. Ribchester has a nice park for the children to run around on and there's a few pubs. Not a lot to do there though if you want something more.

Last edited by on 11/5/2007, 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/5/2007, 4:49 am

Hang on... Garstang has that Millennium recreation ground. The town centre isn't five minutes' walk from there.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/5/2007, 7:23 am

Garstang sounds ideal Paul, do u have a link for it? I will be getting the train to the destination, will have C with us so it will be better & quicker to travel by train rather than by coach.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/5/2007, 8:18 am

For Garstang?

I don't know exactly what you're after and what you want to see so I can't really advise that well. It's not like Halifax though - quite relaxed and peaceful. If you like plenty of things to do you'll be a bit out of luck. It's an upmarket, sedate rural town.

Pictures of Garstang can be found here.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/5/2007, 10:06 am

Oh... trains. I haven't really thought about that - you might only be able to get to the main towns like Preston and Blackburn. I don't know either of them very well at all.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime21/5/2007, 4:43 pm

Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/5/2007, 1:19 am

I think the first two sound good, theres plenty for the kids to do, which is the important thing
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/5/2007, 3:41 am

Williamson Park's nice if you can get to it. That's in Lancaster.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/5/2007, 3:09 pm

Very nice indeed Paul, i found this:

http://www.williamsonpark.com/Pages/thepark.html

Yep the first 2 are very ideal for the kids kebab and we want to cater for all, so lots of greenery and picnic areas are ideal. We will bring things to do also (badminton and volleyball travel set) and definately a football, T wont leave home without it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella   Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer meet up is for ALL members of Autism Umbrella
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2