Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

School visit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

School visit Empty
PostSubject: School visit   School visit Icon_minitime22/5/2007, 2:39 pm

Ok went to see the head at this school for T, i let him know the score and what i was advised by my solicitor and he said that made sense (wait until report comes to see if they can meet his needs).

The SENCO was present at the meeting (didnt know she would be so that was a good sign) and after the discussions she said it seems i had a really good relationship with the school in Bedford and could she contact his nursery and the school he attended in Bedford so they could see if they could get a jist of the stratergies they used and see if they can use the same!

I told SENCO yep course she can contact them and i emailed them the details when i got home. The head was impressed by the SENCO's suggestion/idea and as the meeting came to a close we concluded we sit tight until this damn report arrives and take it from there.

T was his usual and did a runner out of the room and the school entrance several times, so theres me darting off after him having to coax him back in, in the end he went off to play footy with a male member of staff as it was obvious that he wasnt going to stay put and he was getting VERY diggy.

He kicked & hit me and he kicked the PP lady when we were leaving (transition prob) he wasnt pleased about having to stop playing footy and that we were going (no time or warning given to him, the usual!) he wanted 30 more mins to play footy and when he was told no we have to go now that was it, it doesnt suprise me because i know what T is like and how these things upset him but people who dont know him havent got a clue.

So now i am waiting for this report and i am bloody angry about it tbh, i dont know what people think this is, like i said to the head and the SENCO i dont find any of this fun. Apparently Ts old school said to the head of this school he was fine there. So i told them EXACTLY how it was and how T was percieved, including the bullying and how the kids along with parents approached me about T.

They can say what they want, i know my child and i know what he went through and i WILL NEVER let anyone tell me different or try to tell me they know best, i know best!!!!
Back to top Go down
Clair

Clair

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-18

School visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: School visit   School visit Icon_minitime22/5/2007, 3:30 pm

School sounds positive thumbup

But why is that report taking so long? Have you had any explanation? Does it normally take that long??
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

School visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: School visit   School visit Icon_minitime22/5/2007, 3:39 pm

I have had a call from psychologist at Nottingham (nearly 2 wks ago) and she said she had yet to speak with the EP (everytime she called he wasnt there and he has not returned her calls) so i told her a few home truths about this EP, he doesnt deserve the job as an EP IMPO.

I told her i am fed up now coz it is taking so damn long and really i should of had it long before now, she explained AGAIN that she needed to make sure T got all the help he needed and she was concerned that the report wouldnt be acted upon. So she has had to come to my area herself to speak with professionals here to make sure they take on board the contents of the report when it comes.

She also said that if in a yrs time things havent worked and areas need working on more than others, then stratergies will have to be adapted to suit Ts difficulties.

Its making me ill all this Clair to be honest with u and i am worn out wanting this report to come. Ts health, well-being and education depends on it.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

School visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: School visit   School visit Icon_minitime23/5/2007, 1:43 am

School sounds positive thumbup hugging really hope this report comes through soon for you hun xxx
Back to top Go down
Clair

Clair

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-18

School visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: School visit   School visit Icon_minitime23/5/2007, 2:36 am

I feel for you both so much, this is SO frustrating for you Sad
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

School visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: School visit   School visit Icon_minitime23/5/2007, 4:34 am

Thanks guys I love you

I can only but carry on and wait for this very important report to arrive. When it comes i would love for u guys to have a read of it, so i will scan it and send it to ya via email but be warned its gonna be 22 A4 pages long! Shocked
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

School visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: School visit   School visit Icon_minitime23/5/2007, 5:53 am

Ok hun will do hugging I know its hard work hugging but I really would keep on their backs about it, call at least once a week so they dont have chance to forget you, take care hun I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: School visit   School visit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School visit
Page 1 of 1