Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd SaLT session

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

2nd SaLT session Empty
PostSubject: 2nd SaLT session   2nd SaLT session Icon_minitime15/2/2008, 5:48 am

The private SaLT has not long gone and the session went well Smile

She has done daily timeables for T and she did work with him regarding feelings, it turns out that even tho T can speak very well and uses the words he really does not understand the meaning of the words.

The words she used on the worksheet within the session were, kind, loving etc and out of 6 words T only knew the real meaning of one Sad she said this showed her even though T is a very bright boy and intelligent he has distinctive signs of a child with an ASD.

She is very keen to work on his social skills as she feels this is where he needs most work and it needs addressing, she used a clock to show T that they had 30 mins to do the work and he responded well to it. He tried to get away from doing it twice she said but with an instruction of 'T sit' he repsoned to that well. She said saying a long sentence of what is expected of him to do just confuses him more and makes it harder work trying to keep him on task.

What she has experienced with T is very classic of Asperger children and she has witnessed also the manipulation of his PDA characteristics, T was getting violent with me in one breath then quick as a flash he wanted me to cuddle him and grabbed me really hard around my neck.

This lady really knows her stuff and im so pleased i found her Smile

I also let her know that Ts SW is wanting her contact details so he can speak with her about T and his needs, she has given me several business cards so i can give them to the professionals involved.

I filled out the sensory form she left for me to do from her last session and she has taken that away with her today so she can assess his sensoy difficulties also.

She said that school and his time with dad needs to be structured as he cannot cope with them enviornments for a good reason and again typical of children she works with.

I have paid her to do a very detailed report (£100) which she will start working on this afternoon when she gets home ans she will forward to me by email over the weekend Smile

She will also be contacting the NHS SaLT (T has had an appointment come through for 4th March) to let them know about her involvement with T and what work she is doing with him.

I cant believe i am getting there with getting Ts needs recognized and by hook or by crook i will get what he needs so he can have a quality of life he deserves.
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

2nd SaLT session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd SaLT session   2nd SaLT session Icon_minitime15/2/2008, 10:56 am

Well done! All sounds very positive. It's so lovely to have good news . xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

2nd SaLT session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd SaLT session   2nd SaLT session Icon_minitime15/2/2008, 11:21 am

Thanx Grandma I love you
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

2nd SaLT session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd SaLT session   2nd SaLT session Icon_minitime15/2/2008, 2:36 pm

Thats brilliant Bambi thumbup
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

2nd SaLT session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd SaLT session   2nd SaLT session Icon_minitime16/2/2008, 4:27 am

It sure is misty Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2nd SaLT session Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd SaLT session   2nd SaLT session Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd SaLT session
Page 1 of 1