Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ts day at school

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Ts day at school Empty
PostSubject: Ts day at school   Ts day at school Icon_minitime20/6/2007, 12:38 pm

Well this afternoon the PP lady rung me as she had called school to see how T was getting on (she was excited too!) and the head said he has made some friends and he is a very bright child, she thought the head was concerned after seeing Ts behaviour and was pleasantly suprised how he has got on so far and how intelligent he is along with telling her i have done a fantastic job with him the last 6 months at home. She said he clearly is Apsergers and it will be obvious to everyone before long. He told her about the incident with the girl yesterday and that they dealt with it straight away, so nice to have open honest school staff for a change!

It came to picking him up and i was waiting in the playground, when T came towards the door to leave the school i could see his face was upset and soon as he came out into the playground he started crying uncontrolably, he buried his head in my tummy and i was asking what was wrong but he couldnt speak. Parents were looking and eventually T told me what was wrong, the class helper who is there for 2 weeks is a 15 yr old girl doing experience as part of school work and he couldnt bare her going home and him having to leave her! So thats what all the tears were about and i was trying my hardest to console him, i distracted him saying come on lets go get an ice cream.

While at the ice cream van a girl in his class was there and she said to me T gets picked on, so i asked why is that? she went on to say that the kids say his hair is scratty, T immediately shouted at the girl and said they say its ugly not scratty! well i never! T wont take it for long until he lashes out and i dont want him being punished for it due to what other kids are saying and winding him up. The girl was so sweet bless her and VERY honest as kids are but T hasnt told me this i have only found this out due to the girl in his class.

All is noted like i said to PP lady today and she said i dont blame u, stating i have been there before and i need things right this time, too right i do.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ts day at school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ts day at school   Ts day at school Icon_minitime20/6/2007, 1:22 pm

Im so pleased things are going well at school, he is a very bright little boy he really impressed me the other day when he typed out the letter to Africa all by himself. I would mention your concerns about what the little girl said when you drop T off tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

Ts day at school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ts day at school   Ts day at school Icon_minitime20/6/2007, 2:31 pm

Bless him! They're jealous T cos their hair won't do what yours does. Stay calm T and remember to tell the teacher if anyone upsets you. You're a good boy & we all kove you very much. Special love to my special Grandson. xx
Back to top Go down
Donna K

Donna K

Number of posts : 61

Ts day at school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ts day at school   Ts day at school Icon_minitime25/6/2007, 10:43 am

What does scratty hair mean anyway? Kids say tthe strangest things!

Fingers crossed the school will be onto this and sort things out before anything happens. They know about T and know that he's likely to lash out if he's being picked on etc so it's up to them to try and prevent it as much as they can Smile Hopefully it will blow over and there will be no more nasty things said or done to T Wink XXX
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Ts day at school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ts day at school   Ts day at school Icon_minitime26/6/2007, 8:52 am

i think it means 'scruffy' Donna, i dont understand kids these days and their slangs.

They are aware of it and T has not said anything about it since (dunno if he would tho) im sure i will be told by his class mate if it does.
Back to top Go down
Donna K

Donna K

Number of posts : 61

Ts day at school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ts day at school   Ts day at school Icon_minitime26/6/2007, 9:29 am

Cruel buggers Sad Pity he couldn't just respod with something just as hurtful!

A never tells me about things, now and then he gets an accident note of anyone has written one and anything else I hear from my eldest or other kids in his class, I don't know if he just forgets and doesn't think to tell me or anyone else or weather it upsets / annoys him, there are certin things you can ask im and he will growl and demand you not to talk about it, the new baby is one of those taboo subjects right now Rolling Eyes quite often he gets angry if I ask him about school, this could be why??

It could be the case that they just expect us to know these things though....

I don't understand half the things kids come out with here either, more so because of their daft common local accent LOL Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ts day at school Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ts day at school   Ts day at school Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ts day at school
Page 1 of 1