Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The passage of time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

The passage of time Empty
PostSubject: The passage of time   The passage of time Icon_minitime30/8/2007, 4:11 pm

T approached me today while i was cooking asking me 'why i always tell him that dinner will be ready in 5 or 10 mins'? i told him that as he always asks when will dinner be ready i try to tell him how many minutes the food has left to cook.

He promtly pointed out 'i think u are lying to me because its always 5 or 10 minutes & never any other minutes' OMG i had to chuckle at that one!!!! Laughing

He must of been thinking why is it never 6 or 8 minutes Laughing Laughing

I try my best and i still get it wrong! next time im gonna say anything but 5 or 10 minutes, PMSL! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

The passage of time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The passage of time   The passage of time Icon_minitime2/9/2007, 1:28 am

lol!

Charlotte is like that too, so I have a cooking clock (in the shape of a tomato!) and I set it for all sorts of reasons!

We use it when she's in the bath so she knows that she only has until the clock 'goes off'. You can see how much time there is left as well, so she can watch it to see the time ticking by.

We use it (to great effect) when she is playing and one of her favourite programmes is due on the TV soon. I cannot bear the total devastation if she misses "Wonder Pets" or "Roary the Racing Car" or (much worse) "Wow, Wow, Wubsy"....

The things we do.... lol!
Back to top Go down

The passage of time
Page 1 of 1