Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That word, APPEAL!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

That word, APPEAL!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: That word, APPEAL!!!!!   That word, APPEAL!!!!! Icon_minitime6/9/2007, 2:33 pm

All i have seemed to do the last few yrs is bloody appeal for this & that, for every bloody thing that is needed!!! ranting

Ok i have had to appeal for T to go to his new school, which is actually our catchment area school. Today i ring up wanting to know how long i still have to wait, was told i would recieve a letter shortly but the appeal isnt until 18th Sept!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo angry i could scream!!!!!! What a Face

My solicitor is representing me at the appeal so i called to make him aware that we have a date now & how bloody long is that?!!! more or less another 2 weeks till appeal, then god knows how long after that we get the result.

All this time T is without an education and he is getting ever so frustrated at seeing kids in the area going to school, i have explained to him in the best way poss what is going on.

I dunno, im thinking that this country like the appeal process hoping to put people off all the hassle i bet Sad well this momma isnt going to be put off by anyone in her path, i will fight all the way & hope one day things change for the better for the people of our future.
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: That word, APPEAL!!!!!   That word, APPEAL!!!!! Icon_minitime7/9/2007, 2:01 am

I was shocked hun hugging the fact you have to appeal to get T into your catchment school is discusting, it should be automatic.

I could really sympathise with T yesturday, all he kept saying was that he wanted to go to school and Im sure alot of his behaviour is due to frustration at having to wait so long when he knows all the other kids are at school. The education authority should hang their heads in shame for putting a small child through this.
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: That word, APPEAL!!!!!   That word, APPEAL!!!!! Icon_minitime7/9/2007, 5:44 am

Is there an appeal system to appeal against having to wait so long for the initial appeal?

WHY do you have to appeal to get into your local school? I really don't understand that at all. If they are full then they can't admit him as they have no space for any more children and if they aren't full then they should simply 'let him in'. Are they just mucking you about and going through the motions as they know that they won't/can't take him?

Have you had a word with your solicitor to see if they can move the date forward? T is suffering (as are you) from all this and if there one thing he needs it's the routine of school...

Why can't people get it into their heads that we can't wait for them to faff around? We need action now! ranting
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: That word, APPEAL!!!!!   That word, APPEAL!!!!! Icon_minitime7/9/2007, 10:41 am

Oh dear!! They obviously haven't heard about you Bambi!! Ooops!! Lessons will soon be learned!! xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: That word, APPEAL!!!!!   That word, APPEAL!!!!! Icon_minitime10/9/2007, 2:30 pm

I was told that there were no places left in Ts year mum2c, but when i spoke to admissions she advised i could appeal and with it being our catchment area school there should be no prob.

Also my solicitor advised that Juniors being full doesnt mean they cant take another pupil (it would be different if it was infants) and it should mean T will get a place. They wont move the date as they have lots of cases at the mo (same old thing with everything!) and thats the earliest time poss.

A week 2moro, so i just need to get through this week and fingers crossed we will be there!

Last edited by on 10/9/2007, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: That word, APPEAL!!!!!   That word, APPEAL!!!!! Icon_minitime10/9/2007, 2:33 pm

Got everything crossed for you hun xxx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

PostSubject: Re: That word, APPEAL!!!!!   That word, APPEAL!!!!! Icon_minitime10/9/2007, 2:39 pm

Thanx hun Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That word, APPEAL!!!!!   That word, APPEAL!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That word, APPEAL!!!!!
Page 1 of 1