Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scans never happened :-(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Scans never happened :-( Empty
PostSubject: Scans never happened :-(   Scans never happened :-( Icon_minitime14/12/2007, 7:47 am

Hi guys

Well where do i start?! We have just got home!

OK we got there all prompt and on time by 7.25am, T was ok but had told me that he wasn't being scanned and wouldnt take the med they give him, me as usual kept calm & said it wouldnt last long and so on.

Well they managed to get the numbing gel on him in four places, then we had to wait to see if they could fix the scanning machine as it had broke! there were 3 other children having the same thing done so we were all in the same boat.

Then at 11.45am they said it was fixed and would come give T his med in a mo, during this time T is losing it with me that he is hungry and wont take the med coz he isnt going to be scanned and he said so! Rolling Eyes

In the end i had no choice but to call nurses & docs and say i am being attacked now can they do something pls? everybody on that ward saw it all! then 5 mins later 6 of them came (saying to me the army is here!) knowing T was going to be difficult in taking his med. They got him on the bed eventually after he ran off and they all held him down to get the oral sedative down him, he used his force and was resisting completely. What they did get in his mouth T was spitting it right out and called the nurses not so nice things. His mouth was bleeding and he was suffering pains in his head afterwards.

I then had a doc come and just as he did T hit me right in my face, before this T had kicked me in my head and punched me, he took me into a room and he said do u get any help with T? i replied no, nothing. I was in tears at this point and i didnt bother go into the whole story but i was honest in saying i didnt get any support. He explained that i should take T home and give him some food as he doesnt think it will happen now. He then went on to say the docs will have to have a meeting about how best to do it, given the difficulties and that T would need to have a general anesthetic for a scan to happen. He said i may get the medication at home to give him myself to make him dopey then he will come in for a general, he said he will talk to his boss and Ts Paed.

Ts Paed then came on the ward and i explained what had happened and he said yes T will have to have a general, in the form of the mask to knock him out pronto.

So guys after all this i am no where near to where we want to be Sad

This will not happen now until after xmas, i now have to let my solicitor know what happened and document what happened, it was like something off the TV. Ts bad language, his inappropriate talk and touching of a little girls dad (he told this girls dad he was gonna kick him!) all embarrassing because they didnt have a clue to Ts problems, but i did tell the little girls mum so i know she will fill her husband in so he wont be too alarmed by Ts behaviour towards him.

What a day! Sad
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Scans never happened :-(   Scans never happened :-( Icon_minitime14/12/2007, 11:45 am

Bless ya! I thought it was too good to be true that T was okay with it all. You need a brandy!! xx
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Scans never happened :-(   Scans never happened :-( Icon_minitime14/12/2007, 1:41 pm

Bless you, did'nt the Doctors think of this before it happend then all the stress that you and T went through today could have been avoided. Thinking of you both
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Scans never happened :-(   Scans never happened :-( Icon_minitime14/12/2007, 2:59 pm

I know but i think people under-estimate how bad T is in medical situations, with him kicking our GP in the shin on first meeting that should say enough, a children of Ts age do not kick their GPs!

I could see the doc was concerned 2day and he said to me himself, 'i guess u have known something was wrong for a long time?' and i replied 'yes, i have been making concerns to medical professionals since he was 2 yrs old' he didnt seem suprised but he did seem compassionate, bless him.

Next year eh! Im not holding my breath for it to be a better one, i thought that last year! Rolling Eyes

PS i have been on the drink wine i knew i would need a drink this evening!
Back to top Go down
misty

misty

Number of posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Scans never happened :-(   Scans never happened :-( Icon_minitime14/12/2007, 3:14 pm

Bambi hugging I hope it works out next time, sounds like the doc was understanding and the plan for next time sounds positive. I hope all this can work in your favour, the doc might be able to help you get some help with T, respite, maybe he could write a report for you explaining what he and the other staff witnessed.

Take care hun, I hope T has calmed down for you now xxx
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: Scans never happened :-(   Scans never happened :-( Icon_minitime15/12/2007, 1:32 am

Awwwww bless you bambi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scans never happened :-(   Scans never happened :-( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scans never happened :-(
Page 1 of 1