Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal Empty
PostSubject: Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal   Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal Icon_minitime10/1/2008, 5:49 am

Went to meet the new Solcitor today and she is lovely, she has read a lot of what is in the files and while talking to her i could tell she knew our case quite well.

Well from her experience (she has been to a lot of tribunals) she feels they may argue that as T has so many agencies involved now that they will try to refuse assessment because of this and that they will try to use the excuse he is not in school as a reason also Sad

Obviously she is going to argue the case full on and stress yes T does need to be in school and his obvious refusal & anxieties about school prevent him going to school.

We wil meet b4 the tribunal to discuss more and will be in touch via the phone from now until Monday, i will be highlighting things on the case notes that have been submitted to SENDIST.

We also discussed that the HT is there on their side but it could be a good thing as he is well aware of the difficulties and has stressed his own concern regarding the fact we need help, along with T (in his opinion & experience with SEN kids) being one of the worse cases he has come across and he was shocked when the 'anxious non attenders' panel refused to take him on.

So we will see how it pans out on Monday but like i said if they refuse i will keep on the fight, T isnt recieving an education and i dont find any of this fun i can assure anyone of that! i want what is best for T and we spoke about T having the option to type rather than write (he is quicker typing) along with his academic ability being catered for. T finds a lot of the work in his class 'easy & boring' this is because it is well below his ability, he is now being recognized and noted in reports as 'gifted & talented'. I knew this when he was as young as 3 yrs old, such a shame its taken 4 yrs for it to be acknowledge but i am pleased it has now.

Wish us luck and i have a lot of preparing to do this wkend, which i have the peace to do it in as he is with his dad this wkend.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Paul

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal   Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal Icon_minitime10/1/2008, 8:39 am

I paraphrase from an old Kipling poem that you perish if you yield. You must fight on, to do what is best for you and yours. Because at the end of the day that's all that counts. All these officials go home at the end of the day to a glass of wine and a nice warm house and they don't have your difificulties. Fight on.

I wish you the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
kebab

kebab

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal   Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal Icon_minitime10/1/2008, 9:11 am

Why is it that when kids play truent, the lea are quick to blame the parents and prosecute them, even give them a jail term, but they are not quick to take the blame themselves when it is them failing kids like T. I hope all goes well on Monday Bambi xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal   Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal Icon_minitime10/1/2008, 10:26 am

Awww thnx guys I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal   Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Met with Solicitor re: Tribunal
Page 1 of 1