Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

health visitor visit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sammywheeler

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-15

health visitor visit Empty
PostSubject: health visitor visit   health visitor visit Icon_minitime23/6/2008, 12:27 pm

the health visitor came around today to disscus DD's behaviour, she read the behaviour diary i have kept for 2 weeks.
she has decided to refer us to senco & they r gonna come asses DD in skool the they will decided if we get refered to the community ped.
she asked me to say to DD wen she jumps all over my sofa, sorry OUR sofa, to say to DD please don't do that to OUR sofa otherwise you mite break it & OUR friends wont be able to stay over on it, like my child understands that. i tried it 2nite & she jsut kept doin it then decided to pull the cushions off.
she said i section things off into responisablty ie the house is mine, DD's toys r hers & so on. i need to get her to do more things around the house with me ie help clean the windows.
we gonna try a star chart but i need to decided certin sections in which i want to improve her behaviour, i ideally need to improve all of it cos shes not worse at certin things or certin times its just all over.
now i gotta wait to hear from senco & the behaviour theapierst
i'll keep u updated
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: health visitor visit   health visitor visit Icon_minitime23/6/2008, 2:48 pm

Ah, well. At least she came to your house.

I'm not trying to say the wrong things here, but if that were Charlotte she'd have done (in fact she does do!) all the things you have described. Especially the sofa. What IS it with kids and sofas??

Do everything they want and make sure it's recorded somewhere. That way they can see exactly what it's like for you.
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: health visitor visit   health visitor visit Icon_minitime24/6/2008, 8:00 am

I will reply when im back from picking T up from sch as i have to leave in 2 mins, i have lived what u are going thru hun and its so not nice but we have to keep strong and try to get the best for our kids. You know ur child better than anyone no matter how many 'blind' professionals u come up against and believe me there are lots of them! hugging
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: health visitor visit   health visitor visit Icon_minitime24/6/2008, 9:56 am

Well as mum2c says its a result she came to ur home, good news about the sch referral thumbup lets hope that sch can shed some light on her behaviours. Hang in there hun i know its hard and sometimes we run very low on steam to keep on going but u will because u want the best for ur daughter.

Take care hugging
Back to top Go down
sammywheeler

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: health visitor visit   health visitor visit Icon_minitime24/6/2008, 3:30 pm

hi thanks for the replys
DD had to be taken outta story time 2day as she was being distruptive again, i told both her skools that they r gonna get a call from senco & they r both happy to be involved as much as they can, which is gd.
we ave discoverd 2days in a row a gd way to get DD to get her self dressed the first day she pretened to be a suprhero & get dressed at lighting speed b4 spongebob came bak on. 2day tho that didnt work as she wanted to be a car but she pointed out she had no wheels. glass or windscreen wipers so she screamed at me, i gave it 10 mins den tryed again asking her to try to get dressed b4 mr bean came on & that worked.
she had a friend come round for tea 2day & was really well behaved. she gets bored alot at home which makes her behaviour worse but i cant have a play mate come round everyday even tho i whish i could if she would behave like she did 2day every day lol
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: health visitor visit   health visitor visit Icon_minitime25/6/2008, 1:51 am

Bless ya! Keep us updated on how you get on. xx
Back to top Go down
mum2charlotte

mum2charlotte

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: health visitor visit   health visitor visit Icon_minitime25/6/2008, 9:56 am

In what way is she beng disruptive?

C used to be labelled as disruptive as she didn't want to sit on the carpet with all the other children (they were in her personal space, which is HUGE) and is happier to be by herself in another part of the class. Se is allowed to sit elsewhere (when appropriate) and even touch or play with toys so long as she is quiet.

She is more than capable of listening to what is going on around her and do her own thing at the same time. in fact, she learns and absorbs much more information this way, as she finds it really really hard to focus on one person, but being female she is supremely capable of multi-tasking!
She simply can't just sit there and concentrate.

Dressing is a total nightmare in our house. We have races (which I always make sure she wins), we have cue cards, we have treasure hunts with the cue cards and we have arguments!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: health visitor visit   health visitor visit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

health visitor visit
Page 1 of 1