Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

T has refused to attend school

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

T has refused to attend school Empty
PostSubject: T has refused to attend school   T has refused to attend school Icon_minitime5/10/2007, 3:26 am

Well yesterday was a bad morning in respect of that T was refusing to go and i suffered as usual, managed to get him into the school and they saw what he was like for themselves. I want anyone & everyone to see it so that this shit about its not happening and all is fine cannot be said.

He had to be physically forced and stopped from running out of the school, i left them to it, i dont want the shit that 'mum was there' as to why he is behaving the way he does.

T came out of school ok-ish and i thought that all would be fine now, how wrong i was.

So this morning it all kicked off with the usual school refusal and more bruises added to the collection i already have! he ran off and sat on the pavement on the street refusing to go. I managed to video record as much as i possibly could with him trying to bite me and kicking me like a good un.

We are on the street for a long time during this and im trying so hard to get him to go, i manage to get him to the school (i had rung them to inform of the situation) but only into the playground he refused to go in, so i go and tell the receptionist she said 'well done dont worry he will come in' yeah rite they dont know T at all!

I go out to see him and try to encourage him but he was gone he had left the school premises, i called his Paed while i went to look for him and i found him in the middle of the road heading towards home! Shocked

Paed said take him home and well done, he said give T the choice of going to school or not and i said well i know what his answer will be, so we are home now and where do i go from here?

T has been refused an assessment due to my ex area's evidence which is nothing but lies & slander so where does that leave us now? I will be going to see Solicitor next week to discuss our next step, FFS i cant take much more of this. I asked the school if they could contact the EWO this morning knowing that for T to attend sch is a big problem so more people can see and witness whats is REALLY going on plus i dont want to get into bother because i have always done everything the correct way, not that it has done any good Sad

Sch have contacted education social services and they r going to get back to sch, the Paed is now doing his bit and will be very open and honest with all concerned, he said it cant continue like this anymore and he will have to come off the fence.

I cant comprehend all of this but i do know that im very close to the edge of breaking down and i cant do anything to help my baby Sad
Back to top Go down
¤§å®åh¤

¤§å®åh¤

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: T has refused to attend school   T has refused to attend school Icon_minitime5/10/2007, 8:06 am

Awwww bambi thats not good. Has nobody suggested a social story or anything like that. I know that they work well with my Son.

Do you have a special needs nurse in your area? maybe they could help you out aswell with advice etc.

I hope T calms down for you soon though *huggsss*
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: T has refused to attend school   T has refused to attend school Icon_minitime5/10/2007, 11:28 am

Is T saying why he doesn't want to go? I find this confusing cos he liked the other school so it's making me wonder what has gone on at this one in such a short amount of time. Have you any idea what its all about? Tell those idiots to come & pick him up for school if they want him there so badly cos you're not to keep taking unnecessary violence from him. It's not worth the heartache Bambi just to try adhereing to so called social rules & expectations of society.

Keep your chin up & focus on your holiday cos all this other stuff will drain you & realistically you have done all you can & your solicitor & paed have to do their bit now.

I know it's easy for me to say all this but you can only keep banging your head for so long.

Love you both lots & you're always in my thoughts. xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: T has refused to attend school   T has refused to attend school Icon_minitime7/10/2007, 2:29 pm

Lots of different things Grandma, he was getting the same way with his other sch (hell getting him there in taxi but he knew we would go park after sch everyday so maybe that made him persevere even more, i dunno!) but he left before it became a big problem.

I try my best with encouraging and taking the violence but as my solicitor says, i cant go on like this.

Solicitor called me friday afternoon after hearing about T not even attending sch that day and he as faxed the LEA marking it urgent & asking them to state how they are going to support T getting into school and to put aside what my ex area have stated in them minutes.

T is now displaying the same behaviour as when he attended his other sch's but what is worse this time is that he ran out of the sch grounds when staff thought he would go in and to find him in the middle of a road making his way home is heartbreaking.

The way i see it is that T is not coping in any mainstream sch he attends, this is a recurring thing in Ts little sch life and he is only 7, i cant and wont let him be like this until he starts high sch or even longer, he will have nothing come the end of his sch life if things continue like this Sad

T has asked his last sch and this sch to do experiments in science class and when they dont who gets the brunt of it? not the teachers thats for sure! T thinks if he cant control what is going on that i should be able to, hence why he has a go at me about what goes on within sch and he doesnt tell the teachers anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T has refused to attend school   T has refused to attend school Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T has refused to attend school
Page 1 of 1