Autism Umbrella
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Umbrella

There Are Many 'Different Shades' Of ASDs

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GP appointment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2007-03-11

GP appointment Empty
PostSubject: GP appointment   GP appointment Icon_minitime1/11/2007, 12:10 pm

Well we went to the GPs at 3.30 for the appointment i made this morn, T was being difficult before we even got in the taxi, insisting he kicked a crisp packet onto the path before he could get in the taxi (the wind kept blowing it away) i dont think the taxi man was impressed but neither was i!

Ok in the surgery it was busy Sad so we were waiting well over our appointment time & T was becoming more & more difficult, everyone was looking and he was escaping when he could out of the surgery. So eventually T gets called and he makes a run for it out of the building and another lady waiting ran after him too, everyone was gasping when he did a runner (i gasp all the time in situations like this).

I managed to get him in but he was hard work, he refused to show the GP his hairs so me & GP had to pin him down so he could take a look at one arm pit, we did it and the GP said 'oh yes there is growth there'. He said if T was a girl aged about 9 or 10 it wouldnt be seen as anything abnormal but for a boy aged 7 and only just 7 may i add, it wasnt normal.

So he said he will call Ts Paed (he knows him well) to dicuss having hormone tests done, while we are trying to discuss things T is all over the place and becoming very hard to control, i had to stand with my back against the door so he couldnt escape. Then he starts to throw the door stopper at me (small wooden thing) then T turned on the GP throwing it at him and when the GP got it and kept it, T kicked the GPs shin! Shocked

He didnt have any of Ts records as we are new patients to the surgery (i bet they wish they never took us on!) so he didnt have much idea about T but he was well aware he was special needs and he has now experienced it first hand on the first meeting.

So we take it from there now, i have missed a call from Paed but will spk to him tomorrow and see what is gonna be the plan to have the tests done.

Just been to my sis in laws and she said its one thing after another, it sure is! It explains why T has VERY bad ordour, a very large john thomas and now the hair growth. Its so not nice to see my baby going through all this Sad
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2007-03-12

GP appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP appointment   GP appointment Icon_minitime2/11/2007, 2:52 pm

T must wonder what all the fuss is about!! xx
Back to top Go down
Clair

Clair

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-04-18

GP appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP appointment   GP appointment Icon_minitime3/11/2007, 7:54 am

It definitely doesn't sound right - as you say not for a child who is only just 7. But thank god professionals are now beginning to see for themselves that T's 'behaviours' are not relating to your parenting.

I have seen the research by Simon Baron Cohen into the theory that autism could be (note I'm saying 'could' !) caused by an excessive amount of testosterone. I think it has been said that women with higher levels of it in their bodies are more likely to have a child with ASD.

It would also explain T's aggression. What a lot to be up against Bambi but I am more and more confident that your concerns about T are going to be taken more seriously. Have everything crossed for you both - as always.
hug
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

GP appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP appointment   GP appointment Icon_minitime3/11/2007, 2:36 pm

Grandma, T says he is like his brother and his dad now having hairs Rolling Eyes bless him!

Clair i did not know that it is common for kids with neurological conditions to go through puberty early. Even my solicitor said that it is common and he was not suprised by this happening to T, stressing that this is another thing that is clearly showing Ts problems are nothing to do with me.

Like i say and have said since i found out T was showing signs of an ASD 3 yrs ago, we learn things all the time eh!!
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

GP appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP appointment   GP appointment Icon_minitime3/11/2007, 4:24 pm

Wow with u saying that Clair and look at this what i found!

http://news.independent.co.uk/sci_tech/article2953447.ece
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

GP appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP appointment   GP appointment Icon_minitime4/11/2007, 11:21 am

Bambi I can't load the above link for some reason!! xx
Back to top Go down
Bambi
Admin
Bambi

GP appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP appointment   GP appointment Icon_minitime4/11/2007, 12:29 pm

I dont know why Grandma confused copy & paste it into ur browser that should work Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandmaKyak

GrandmaKyak

GP appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP appointment   GP appointment Icon_minitime5/11/2007, 11:13 am

That worked!! Cheers!! xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GP appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP appointment   GP appointment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GP appointment
Page 1 of 1